Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
I've got a Magnaflow cat-back system on mine. It's technically for a 2wd, so it's got a kink in the pipe, but it works pretty well, adds a growl and maybe 7 horsepower. Pics are a little blurry, but the new exhaust is shinier and sits tighter in it's spot.

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,464 Posts
I have the 60 series flowmaster all black with a black 3.5" tip!

·
Registered
37 Posts
You're opening a can of worms with an open ended question like that. Some people are running a Flowmaster hushpower with a resonator and muffler delete, others delete the res and leave the muffler, or vice versa. I've left mine stock because I can't figure out which way to go!

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
I've noticed that with K&N at one end and Magnaflow at the other, it's definitely got a growl. Starting to sound just a little bit like good ol' American muscle. Definitely not like a Honda, or what the Cherokar probably sounds like. Seems to have better acceleration on the highway, but I'm hoping that once the computers get used to the extra power, I'll get maybe 15 sec on the quarter mile next year.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
maybe it will, maybe it won't, but either way I'll have fun trying. Eventually I'm sure it will though, once it's modded enough

·
Why so serious?
1,716 Posts
I'll get maybe 15 sec on the quarter mile next year.
I'm surprised you found someone with a Corvette that is willing to tow you down the race track. :D

To the OP, have a shop slap on an aftermarket muffler and be done with it for a couple hundred bucks. Way cheaper than a premade catback and you aren't going to be getting much more hp out of this engine regardless of the route you take. Go the cheaper route and just get the sound.

·
Registered
577 Posts
x2

I'm surprised you found someone with a Corvette that is willing to tow you down the race track. :D

To the OP, have a shop slap on an aftermarket muffler and be done with it for a couple hundred bucks. Way cheaper than a premade catback and you aren't going to be getting much more hp out of this engine regardless of the route you take. Go the cheaper route and just get the sound.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
hey now, I got that time under the Patriot's own power, and it only gets faster from here. Ain't no Corvette doing anything but trying to keep up once I get done with it. If I can't quite make their speeds, I'll keep up same speeds on terrain they can't take. And while there's not much for the Patriot now, I'm sure there will be.

·
Registered
577 Posts
hey now, I got that time under the Patriot's own power, and it only gets faster from here. Ain't no Corvette doing anything but trying to keep up once I get done with it. If I can't quite make their speeds, I'll keep up same speeds on terrain they can't take. And while there's not much for the Patriot now, I'm sure there will be.
I call bs. 170 hp with the patriots weight won't get you close to 15 second 1/4 mile.

http://autos.yahoo.com/jeep/patriot/2013/limited-4x4/performance.html

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
I'm telling you I've gotten 17sec on the quarter mile, bone-stock. I've still got the time slips somewhere, if you insist on proof I'll try to get some good-quality pics to post. CVT for the win!!!!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Bahahahahahahaha, don't get me wrong, I love my Patriot, but competing with a corvette??? No way in the world. And I'm pretty sure this can be affirmed by when I'm going 70 on the highway and step on the gas and pretty much all that accomplishes is a lot of engine noise. But hey, that's just my experience. Good luck with your mods rosso!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
My bad I thought you said 15 second 1/4. The 17 seconds is very believable.
I said I want it to get 15sec, within the next year. Bonestock, it did 17s, and right after getting some help from K&N and Magnaflow, it did 18s, probly because of the computer adjusting to the extra power. And 4wd, like I pointed out, I probly won't be able to take on a Corvette on the Corvette's kind of terrain, but I'll be able to keep up my speed going off the asphalt at least. I'd say that's a worthy goal to aspire to.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.