Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Patriot which recently (today) has been having an issue with registering the appropriate outside temperature. It says it's 39 degrees out which it was last night, the last time I ran her, but currently it's closer to 70 degrees. Is there a way to reset this?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Funny, I have a similar problem, however, I have found after a few minutes of driving and/or shutting off the vehicle the problem usually corrects itself.

·
The Custom Guy
688 Posts
Yup. I thought this was the same problem with mine, except it kind of is and kind of isnt. When I get into my Pat it says its 115 degrees. Give it a couple minutes and it goes way down....to 105. Yea its hot out here in the desert.

·
Sept 2009 POTM
2,915 Posts
I hear ya Mak. I've seen 115+ a couple of times already this year from leaving it sitting in the sun.

The thermometer does take a minute or two to get set after you first start the car. If its taking longer than that, you've got a problem. I don't think there is a specific reset for it, but maybe resetting the whole computer would work too?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I thought mine read low as compared to our town's "time & temp" display. The old Chev S10 was always right on and the wife's Toyota too. So, I crawled underneath the front bumper and found a large bug--some kind of butterfly--wrapped around the sensor. Cleaned that off, re-seated the connector and now it does read the temp coming out of the 80 degree garage into the 100+ degree driveway before I can get backed into the street. Now I call the city and have them re-calibrate their sign to MY PATRIOT!

·
Registered
141 Posts
The same situation with my 2007 Pat on two occasions over the past two years. After about ten minutes, the correct temperature showed up.
As an aside, I told the service rep at the dealership and she explained this was perfectly normal. She claimed it takes her car about 30 minutes to register the correct temperature. I asked for a courtesy ride home, which she arranged. The diver mentioned that even tough the service rep was a brunette, she really behaves like a "blonde". Nothing personal, my best friend and partner is a blonde.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The same situation with my 2007 Pat on two occasions over the past two years. After about ten minutes, the correct temperature showed up.
As an aside, I told the service rep at the dealership and she explained this was perfectly normal. She claimed it takes her car about 30 minutes to register the correct temperature. I asked for a courtesy ride home, which she arranged. The diver mentioned that even tough the service rep was a brunette, she really behaves like a "blonde". Nothing personal, my best friend and partner is a blonde.
You tread on very thin ice amigo...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts