Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that was my favorite place ever- daniel boone Nat'l forest in KY.

They have a few rides which are supposed to be really cool- with great sights and stuff that you can't get to from the road. Some of the trips you can break up into two day trips and the such, although they can probably be done in one. May have to bring some extra fuel, but I've got a rack and some extra tanks.

The FWD boys and girls can probably handle it too, especially with some 4x4s and FDIIs to lead the pack. I was supposed to go on this trek a few weeks ago with my Cousins (Wrangler and Liberty) from new York, and a good friend of mine (Toyota FJ), and all our SOs, but My friend had his convenient 3 day breakup, and one of my cousins got called up to the marines, so we cancelled.

I think there are Jeep Jamborees down there too. It's only about a 2h 15m- 2.5 h drive from Dayton, 3h from Indy, 2 h from louisville, and 1.5h from Cincinnati. Well worth it if anyones ever up for it.

Anyone been on a trek down there before?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
If I were back home in INDY, I'd be there!

I like the sound of a Patriot Jamboree. I'm so disappointed in Jeep salesmen and "other" owners that they haven't ever heard of this site and the organizational potential it has! I feel that big things are on the horizon :)

·
A True Straight Shooter
1,167 Posts
That sounds pretty dang cool! I'm going to look into that one. Perhaps if I can get my act together, there can be some more trail rides in my future. Extra fuel you say!? That's a lot of 4x4'n. A full day on Badland's sand dunes only takes a quarter tank.

·
1/8 of a mile
87 Posts
I'm all in

I think that was my favorite place ever- daniel boone Nat'l forest in KY.

They have a few rides which are supposed to be really cool- with great sights and stuff that you can't get to from the road. Some of the trips you can break up into two day trips and the such, although they can probably be done in one. May have to bring some extra fuel, but I've got a rack and some extra tanks.

The FWD boys and girls can probably handle it too, especially with some 4x4s and FDIIs to lead the pack.

I think there are Jeep Jamborees down there too. It's only about a 2h 15m- 2.5 h drive from Dayton, 3h from Indy, 2 h from louisville, and 1.5h from Cincinnati. Well worth it if anyones ever up for it.

Anyone been on a trek down there before?

This is definitely somewhere I would be interested in going....although I would probably like to wait until next spring or early summer.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
I could be talked into that for next year. Now hunting season here, and I'll be busy till after Christmas.

Would this be a weekend, or mid-week thing.

I think if you start to plan it now we could have a good group from this site.

·
1/8 of a mile
87 Posts
Would this be a weekend, or mid-week thing..
I would much prefer to do a week-end thing,that way it could be open to more people. Also, the area is so nice, why not camp out for a couple days.

I think if you start to plan it now we could have a good group from this site.
My sentiments exactly.......just gettin the word out.:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
I would much prefer to do a week-end thing,that way it could be open to more people. Also, the area is so nice, why not camp out for a couple days.

My sentiments exactly.......just gettin the word out.:beerchug:
Should have came out to the badlands. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Id be in for this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts