Jeep Patriot Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same issue. when i am at the light and I let off the brakes, it vibrates like hell. It feels like its form the back. Muffler area.. but as soon as a hit the gas it goes away, or even just tap the gas like 1cm and its gone.. Its also not there when the brakes are held down.

I notice it more on a hill. Esp when the cars hot.
I have the same exact issue, have you hat your cats replaced recently? Mine didn’t start doing it til I had both of them replaced and I can’t figure out why

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Limited 2.4L 6spd
46 Posts
I've got a 2014 2.4L 6spd automatic that I bought with 142,000 miles that now has 239,000 miles.
It shook at red lights and whenever I'd have to stop for longer than a few seconds when I first bought.
Checked the mounts, plugs and coils and all were in good condition, changed the plugs anyway since I had them out.
I fixed it with a small lead fishing weight that I attached to the throttle cable artificially raising my rpm just enough to get rid of the shaking.
Took a few tries with different size weights and I ended up cutting one in half then crimping to the cable.
And it shook bad enough that the hood visibly shook like there was a monster motor under it...lol
Old trick that we used in the country for decades.
My transmission has been just fine otherwise.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,664 Posts
I've got a 2014 2.4L 6spd automatic that I bought with 142,000 miles that now has 239,000 miles.
It shook at red lights and whenever I'd have to stop for longer than a few seconds when I first bought.
Checked the mounts, plugs and coils and all were in good condition, changed the plugs anyway since I had them out.
I fixed it with a small lead fishing weight that I attached to the throttle cable artificially raising my rpm just enough to get rid of the shaking.
Took a few tries with different size weights and I ended up cutting one in half then crimping to the cable.
And it shook bad enough that the hood visibly shook like there was a monster motor under it...lol
Old trick that we used in the country for decades.
My transmission has been just fine otherwise.
Any chance you could post a pic of this fix?

61 - 63 of 63 Posts