Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is your problem ruled out? May we have some feedback please!

I too have a rough idling problem, but only when I engage in Drive or Reverse...Not in Park or Neutral

I'm really suspecting the trans!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
They changed the transmission and called me on Oct. 28th to come pick it up. I went over and before going in to see anyone, I pulled out my second set of keys and started the vehicle. Absolutely no difference! It still shook like a tractor. So, I refused to accept the vehicle and told them to find another solution.

On Nov 3rd the dealer called and said that a Chrysler engineer was coming to look at the vehicle and that they would call me with an update. As of today I haven't received any further contact.

I called Chrysler Canada Customer Service Nov 3rd after I refused acceptance and have been given an incident number.

·
Registered
727 Posts
They called today to come pick it up. According to the work sheet they re-aligned the K-frame to the body and replaced all 4 engine/trans mounts. The difference is noticeable. Much smoother in-gear idle now. It's taken quite a while but I'm happy the issue has been resolved.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've had the same problem (shakes at stops while in drive but smoothes out in reverse and neutral) since around the 30k mark and it's got 81k on it now...I've kept up with all the recommended maintenance items for the more extreme driving condition schedule within the owner’s manual...this includes Mopar spark plugs every 30k. I think I even posted this issue myself on this forum a few years back and didn't get much response. I got the run around from one dealer on the shaking...mainly wanting to sell me their injector cleaning service...I didn't bite. Fast forward to this week, several thousand miles later and a different dealer who I now trust...I mentioned the shaking...dealer said they'd check the engine mounts and drive ability...called the next day to say two engine mounts were bad and new ones were being delivered over-night. I pick it up tonight and even though it's covered under my MaxCare warranty, I'll ask what the cost would be for a "non-warranty" customer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jeep Patriot issues

My engine stalls when I slow to stop and happens more frequently when it rains. Send all your complaints to this website:
odi.nhtsa.dot.gov. You can post your complaints as well as review recalls The National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration will force Chrysler to do a recall if more complaints are received. After only 20 complaints, they forced a Dodge recall. Pass along to any Jeep owners experiencing issues!

·
Registered
727 Posts
5 dealership visits over almost a year and a half and the vibration issue is worse than ever and unresolved. Since Chrysler Customer Service just told me to pound salt, I filed for arbitration (CAMVAP), which is all we have in Canada. Just waiting to hear from them.

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's been resolved. After I filed for Arbitration I received a call from Chrysler asking if I would let them have another dealer look at it. I agreed.

After a couple of trial-and-error repairs (k-frame and motor mounts) the biggest factor was them replacing the balancer unit inside the engine. Vibration is the nature of this beast, and I compared so many others to mine that there is a wide range found. As my wife says, they all sing the same song but some are louder than others.

I had to bring the vehicle back today to get the steering wheel centred, wasn't quite where I wanted it to be but there is enough of a reduction in vibration now that I can live with it since I still think it's an excellent vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is not a TSB for the Patriots. Having the same issue with a 2009, has new balancer and all the motor mounts look good phisicly had them out to inspect took off the belt and it didnt change took bolts out of torque converter and it didnt change, replaced spark plugs and it didnt change removed the exhaust at the manifold and it did not change adjusted engine k-frame with no change although it has seemed to be less of a vibration now after reseting all the mounts and frame and replacing the balancer and plugs but as of right now i have no fix for issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not much has changed! I can say it's not the transmission, I have the exact same issue on a 2014 patriot with the new 6 speed auto trans that just came out this year. 30k km's on it, shakes like a wet dog while stopped in drive.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the same issue. It happens mostly at a red light in Drive w/ my foot on the brake; vibrating steering wheel, brake pedal, and now, I can hear the back seats buzzing too! It's smooth in Neutral and I've gotten to putting it in that gear at red lights.

I had two motor mounts replaced last April for an unrelated issue, and the transmission mounts also (two, I believe), so I don't believe that's it. I need to get it resolved soon cause it seems to be slowly getting worse. :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had my '15 Patriot for 3 weeks. I swear it started doing this today...temperature dropped to single digits today and it seemed to clear up as the Patriot warmed up. Gonna keep an eye on it..if it continues...off to the dealer it goes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine still did this when really cold. So back to the dealer I went. Of course when I took it in it was 50 degrees out and it didn't have the issue...they couldn't find anything wrong, no codes, no updates needed...

See now I knew this was going to happen..lol

They told me to put another 2000 miles on since it only has 1000 and see how it is then. Pfft...

21 - 40 of 63 Posts