Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone received their recall notice or had the work done under the recall? Just wondering since not much has been said about it.

Lou

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just today received a CARFAX email about it.
02/15/2019
Manufacturer Emissions recall issued
#U67 2011-2016 2.0L - 2.4L NOX FAIL (US)

I bought my 2013 Patriot pre-owned in July 2018 and haven't received anything about it and can't get the "system" to give me any info about it - the CARFAX email gives a hot spot to get a copy of the Owner Letter but the hot spot doesn't work. My oil change is due in July so hope to get some info about it when I get to the dealer then. Guess it must not be too important since neither the dealer nor CFA nor the Fed Recall people have sent me the official recall notice. Like the OP, nano2016, I would love to see what the customer letter looks like. I've sent CARFAX an email asking them to clarify this but who knows if they will ever respond.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
emissions recall

Glad you replied cause i haven't heard a thing. They were suppose to send out the recalls starting back in March and it would be in three phases and finish up by year end. By the looks of things probably will not start till then. My only concern is from what I've read and heard they will also update the parameters for the emissions in the computers. Just hope it doesn't mess up the performance since my jeep runs flawlessly now.

Thanks for the reply.

Lou

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm coming to the conclusion that Chrysler/Jeep doesn't want to admit that maybe they have an emissions issue with several years of the Patriot and are sorry they let the information escape. Now they are just stonewalling and have even sent word out to support organizations like CarFax to ignore people's request for clarification.

If that is wrong, i.e., they don't really want to keep it secret from the world (and the EPA) all they have to do is send the information out to their customers. I'm betting this will never be resolved.
02/15/2019
Manufacturer Emissions recall issued
#U67 2011-2016 2.0L - 2.4L NOX FAIL (US)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the notice and had the cat con replaced and controller flashed on my 2011 back in February 2019. Go here

https://www.mopar.com/en-ca/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

and enter your VIN to see if you're affected. On my page the recall number U67 is listed but when the PDF link is clicked you get a
Page Not Found error. All the other recall PDF links on my VIN page still work, so I'm not sure what's going on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got my official notification in the mail - still nothing about it in the recall databases but the dealer has a new catalytic converter in stock awaiting my vehicle coming in tomorrow for its oil/lube/inspection and resolution of U67, Catalytic Converter Efficiency Emissions Recall. Presuming everything goes well tomorrow, I'll try to post a summary of what was needed/done.

OKAY- UPDATE TIME
The converter was replaced but with some trouble. The attaching hardware was badly rusted as she was a rental up in New York and North Carolina. Rust had even destroyed mount points of the heat shield over the rear muffler so it was just laying on top and rattling. They kept the vehicle overnight, liberally applying penetrating oil to the bolts. Next day the nuts backed off with normal tools - no large breaker bars, pneumatic chisels or torches needed (YAY). Other than that the recall was pretty much effortless and free. Well except for the heat shield; had to pay for that but guess that's fair. Unfortunately I had a bunch of other work I wanted done since the detailed maintenance history is unknown. Report said routine maintenace was done but didn't list much specificity. Now everything is almost like new mechanically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts