Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help nmy 2009 Jeep Patriot cruise control will turn on with button but off when pressing down to engage,also power window control for rt passenger also stopped working even on main driver panel replaced switch,on passenger side,not working,now back rt window goes down but not up?, Something electrical but I can not figure out,a beep will sound occasionally as well with no indication of what it is,please advise!

· Administrator
8,769 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site.

The issue with the cruise control could be a bad switch. Are there any error codes present or any dash MIL's on?

On the windows, the switch contacts sometimes get dirty / corroded.
To clean them some have had success with disconnecting the battery, then pouring isopropyl alcohol into the switch, working the switch back and forth, then waiting 15 min or so for the alcohol to evaporate, then reconnecting the battery.

· Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,468 Posts
I had my passenger front switch stop working for going up and was able to remove it, carefully disassemble it to clean the contacts. I used some dielectric grease to protect it and it's been working great ever since. I figured it was already broken so what did I have to lose.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Help nmy 2009 Jeep Patriot cruise control will turn on with button but off when pressing down to engage,also power window control for rt passenger also stopped working even on main driver panel replaced switch,on passenger side,not working,now back rt window goes down but not up?, Something electrical but I can not figure out,a beep will sound occasionally as well with no indication of what it is,please advise!
Replaced switch no corruption,back window will go down not up to front will go down not up,cruise control sometimes works,some not, intermediate bee
ps no indicator lights,please advise

· Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,468 Posts
The cruise control circuits also run through the steering wheel clock spring and they can go bad. After all it is just a flexible ribbon cable that gets flexed every time you turn the steering wheel. I've got 145k miles on mine bit almost never do parallel parking which would involve lots of lock to lock steering input which would work that ribbon more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts