Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my Patriot all day with no incidents. In fact it drove great as usual! Wen I got home
turned the engine off and then for some reason the entire electrical system went off! Tried to restart
to no avail. It was totally dead after being driven all day! Any clues

·
Administrator
7,224 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

What year is it?
How old is the battery?
Have you checked the battery voltage?
When's the last time the battery terminals were cleaned and / or checked to make sure they're tight?

If the battery and connections are good, perhaps you have corrosion on the main power relay pins or a broken wire in the relay box down by the drivers side headlight.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Drove my Patriot all day with no incidents. In fact it drove great as usual! Wen I got home
turned the engine off and then for some reason the entire electrical system went off! Tried to restart
to no avail. It was totally dead after being driven all day! Any clues
Hello and welcome to the Jeep group. Sorry, that you're having issues with your Jeep I am sure you will come up with a fix from the great people here on this site. :cool:

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,792 Posts
Sounds like what happened to me when I got to work a couple years ago. Turned out to be corroded relays in the relay box as Sandstone mentioned. Cost me about $300 to get it fixed at a shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts