Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Literally at my wits end with my 2010 Patriot Sport ... If you look back through my archive posts I've had this problem for about 3 or 4 years now.

Initially, the horn would randomly beep, whether driving or parked, engine on or engine off, BEEP,BEEEEEEPPPPP,BEEEEEP etc etc.
So I just unplugged the horn, it's been in 4 different garages now and nobody can seem to isolate the problem, probably cost me about £2k over the last 3 years.
Then maybe about a year after the initial horn troubles started the battery would drain, overnight.
I don't know if this related to the horn.

I also had a problem with the rear Speed sensors, so had everything replaced because I was told they weren't connected on one side, which would cause the car to go into limp mode ... i actually managed to get this fixed! so I assume it's unrelated.

The only thing I can think of at around the time the horn started beeping by itself I had 1 headlight bulb replaced, I'd never considered this before but could it be something to do with that? Slightly before that I had to get the passenger side window replaced, but I can't see that causing any problems.

Does anyone have any clues on why my Pat' hates me?
I've got it booked into a garage at the end of next week, last chance saloon, if they can't fix it the Pat' is gone, I'm just fed up of having to deal with it :(

Apparently, over the years, they've replaced the battery (no help), checked the clock spring (it's not that), checked the grounding (not that)
(UK car, so steering on the right, if that makes a difference).

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas that i can suggest to the garage?
(I don't know anything about the inner workings of a car)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here's a 2009 diagram. I presume it should close.

Cluster sends signal up the clock spring to the horn and redundant radio controls in steering wheel. Horn trigger comes back on its own wire.

Cluster then sends a signal to the totally integrated power module. TIPM send power to horn.
A competent mechanic would put a scan tool on the bus to see if the cluster is telling the TIPM power the horn.. IF so, is the trigger wire getting voltage or ground in the wheel because the wire is nicked or skinned? If not, is the horn wire getting stray voltage b/c of a nicked/skinned wire.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been in the garage since Friday, they're struggling to find the issue.
had this problem for over 3 years now, spent a small fortune at multiple different garages, nobody can seem to fix :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never did get this issue resolved, Sold the Jeep in the end and notice (through the MOT History vehicle check) it's now back on the road :(
I would like to say I'm happy to see her back on the road ... but I'm not (Jealous Ex boyfriend :( ) .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts