Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at wheels on tirerack.com and found a set that I like (cheap and classy). I don't need anything flashy or shiny, just something that easy to clean and would look classy to replace stock steelies. According to tirerack, these wheels should fit the Pat but wanted to double check with wheels pros (you guys):D. I've read the knowledge base on Patriot's wheels and their dimensions but it doesn't click for me when I look at different measurements. So that's why I'm asking you guys for an advise. Will these fit the Pat? I know bolt pattern is the same. Will the Patriot require any additional modifications?

Size: 16x7.5
Offset: +40mm
Backspacing: 5.82"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Rec. Tire Size: 205/70-16
Weight: 20.0lbs.
Finish: Black Machined w/Ice Coating
Construction: 1 Pc. High Pressure Casting
Finish Warranty: 3 Years

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=I0416756540BDCI&wheelMake=Elbrus&wheelModel=I04&wheelFinish=Black+Machined+w%2FIce+Coating&showRear=no&autoMake=Jeep&autoModel=Patriot&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=Sport&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'll let the wheel experts answer your questions, I like your choice though. I have the 17" aluminum stock ones, and they are great. The 5 big spokes are great because the space between the spokes is big so when cleaning you can get your rag all the way in to clean the inside of the rim. Your not interested in the 17" maybe 18"?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was looking at these 2 years ago for my Black Pat but shipping to canada was to much at the time. If you do end up buying them please post pics I would love to see what they look like on.

I would Go with the 18's i bet they would look nice with Black or Silver pat.

As for fit i am as clueless as you but they seem like they will work ;)

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't finalized my decision on the size yet. It all depends on when I have enough $$$ to buy them. My Pat is still fairly new, only 3200 miles on it so if I end up buying these wheels in a near future, I'll stick with 16'' in order to use my existing tires. Plus there are more tire choices for 16'' wheels than 17". Also the bigger wheels mean more expensive tires. That's why I would like to stay away from 18''. And yes, they will be perfect for ease of cleaning.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Wheel numbers confuse the heck out of me, but I believe stock steelies have a rim width of 6.5" with a 5.5" backspacing. So, if I understand the principle correctly, the Elbrus I04 with 5.82" backspacing won't fit. I think less backspacing is OK, but not more - please correct me if I'm wrong, I want to understand this stuff !

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheel numbers confuse the heck out of me, but I believe stock steelies have a rim width of 6.5" with a 5.5" backspacing. So, if I understand the principle correctly, the Elbrus I04 with 5.82" backspacing won't fit. I think less backspacing is OK, but not more - please correct me if I'm wrong, I want to understand this stuff !
I thought that too but wanted to confirm as tirerack suggests they will fit.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
yup, the 5.82" backspacing worries me. The rims might fit, as long as you stick with narrow tires (like the 205's they recommend). Stock 16" rims have a 5.25" backspacing.

Take a measurement between your stock rims and suspension parts (front and rear). If you add 0.62" (5/8") to the back side of the rims, how close are your new rims to the suspension at all points of the steering wheel?

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just checking:) OK, I'll measure that distance. Should I measure the distance between the wheel and the strut or something else in addition to that? Clearing the brake caliper shouldn't be a problem, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts