Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, ofcourse in pouring rain, i couln't close my drivers door. All the way open it got stuck.
It appeared that the bulgy thing which makes that the door gets opened in a few positions popped past the round cylinder shaped pin which keeps the door opened in this different stages.
Big force trying to close the door would cause serious damage.
Despite the rain i kept cool (not so difficult in 10 degrees C and dressed in a T-shirt only) and found the issue by comparing it to the passengerdoor.
Luckely i coul borrow a screwdriver at the place i was ,and presded the bulgy thing a bit backin place. All went back to normal after that and door works fine again.
But i would ofcourse understand why this happened and prevend it to happen again.
Anybody here had the same issue?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Happened twice again today. I have a screwdriver in the car so could push the thing back and solve it immediately.
Only solution i can come up with is to do something with the door-openinglimiter. This little dent which prevents the door to open further than max. Ill see if i can weld a notch on it or so, so the door openes a little less far out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts