Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There this post could save my life and my back from climbing over the centre console where do i find this mystery hole to wiggle the screwdriver in that will open the Bl***y door lol i have had this problem intermit ant for a month and have had enough

Please help

·
Registered
14 Posts
You my friend are a f**king genius! This trick took me 30 seconds and released the door after two weeks of climbing over the passenger side waiting for the garage slot!

I have now thoughly cleaned the lock set with WD40 and then reapplied a shed load of high quality lube inside and out.

Only time will tell how it goes but least I know all is not lost if it sticks and means I can now buy the £124 actuator lock mech myself and fit it, saving a shed load.

This thread needs hyping up as its the only place I have seen this method of getting the door open.

Thanks again!

WOW HOOOO!!!!!!!!

GREAT GREAT GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm really struggling with this... Took the middle panel off (thanks) but can't find the mystery hole to wiggle the screwdriver... Can anybody please please help?

Garage has put a new lock on back order but no idea when it will be here...

Thanks so much for any input!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok I found it.. It's the actual front door seal, you can just squeeze a screwdriver between the seal & the door & if you wiggle it at the point the lock is, it will go in a little further & the door will open next time you try. If you're lucky. My joy was short lived, I confidently went to the shops & got stuck again.. Kept the screwdriver with me so only looked like I was breaking into the jeep but didn't get arrested so I'll try & lube it up tomorrow..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've found a bit of a solution to this. It will lock the car but stop the deadbolts going on.

1.Change the central locking to activate the drivers door on first press of fob.
2.When leaving the car lock the car with fob as normal.
3.Press open on fob, only the drivers door will open. Press the internal lock nob down. shut door. Car is locked and dead bolts will not activate. Done it and it's saved me on cold mornings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok I found it.. It's the actual front door seal, you can just squeeze a screwdriver between the seal & the door & if you wiggle it at the point the lock is, it will go in a little further & the door will open next time you try. If you're lucky. My joy was short lived, I confidently went to the shops & got stuck again.. Kept the screwdriver with me so only looked like I was breaking into the jeep but didn't get arrested so I'll try & lube it up tomorrow..
Have tried it from the rear door via the seal to the front door but I cannot find this hole in my 2011 Patriot - any pictures?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disconnect battery and reconnect

Hi, I found this page whilst searching for a fix for my Jeep Compass 2012 driver door lock refusing to open.
My solution, as suggested earlier in the thread, was to disconnect the car battery terminal and leave for a few hours.
Once reconnected the locks worked fine.
The only analogy I can think of is computer related.
Every IT help desk says switch it off and wait 2 minutes and turn it back on.
That worked this time. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
You my friend are a f**king genius! This trick took me 30 seconds and released the door after two weeks of climbing over the passenger side waiting for the garage slot!

I have now thoughly cleaned the lock set with WD40 and then reapplied a shed load of high quality lube inside and out.

Only time will tell how it goes but least I know all is not lost if it sticks and means I can now buy the £124 actuator lock mech myself and fit it, saving a shed load.

This thread needs hyping up as its the only place I have seen this method of getting the door open.

Thanks again!
I had the same problem......I couldn’t open the door.
So removed the door panel and used a hairdryer to warm up the lock mechanism for 30 mins...then packed the whole of the door around the lock with roof wool,insulation. Left overnight to let the lock thaw....opened straight away next morning even though it was very cold......then wd40 into lock....and repacked the lock with insulation to prevent the cold getting to it. The cold effects the sub standard lubricant used . Be sure to check the window doesn’t catch the insulation. Hope it works for you.Good luck.

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
14 Posts
Thread revival!

does anyone have an images/ videos as to howruss1669 manged to open his door with the above technique ...as i have the same issue & cant find any way of getting a screwdriver into the front door lock

i did manage to open the door, by disconnecting the battery for a few seconds, but it would be useful to know russ's method too

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
14 Posts
update: my issue was a recently fitted dash cam hooked up to a hot 12v & it being set to constant loop (checked my battery & it was dropping from 12.4v to 12 over a couple of days) this combined with 10 year old tired actuators resulted in the occasional deadlock refusing to open ...setting the camera to not loop has stopped the battery drain & now all is good, well until the actuator gives up completely

21 - 30 of 30 Posts