Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2017 Patriot. This morning it wouldn’t start and I noticed that the tire pressure warning light was on along with a red dot light above my temperature gauge. I had to remove key and try to start it again. After a few attempts it finally started Jeep doesn’t run hot and other than that seems to run fine. Any ideas what the issue could be? Thank you for help

·
8,158 Posts
Welcome! You've been here for 9 months and this is your first post?!?! Congratulations! Glad to have you on the site.

I've not had your problem so I'm only guessing. I wonder if the red dot is actually the security system, i.e., it didn't recognize your key and so it wouldn't let you start. I had a Saturn that did that so often I learned to keep it locked even in my garage, but as long as I unlocked it immediately before starting it would always start.

I doubt the tire pressure had anything to do with it.

There are others on here who know more than I do. Maybe they'll offer some better advice.

·
Super Moderator
5,119 Posts
Welcome!

As Ignatz mentioned, the red dot has to do with the anti-theft system.

It could be something simple like a key with a low battery, a key going bad, or a problem with the Wireless Control Module WCM which is also involved in the Tire Pressure Management System (TPMS). If you have trouble again, try using a different key, and if that doesn't work, try pulling the IOD WCM fuse (10-amp, fuse #17 ) for a few seconds to reset the WCM. If the problem keeps happening you may need to take it in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts