Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Does ECU/PCM Replacement fix stalling issues?

7K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  LouOfTheJeep 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2010 2.4lt auto Jeep Patriot. It is stalling and running very badly.... And getting worse.... Have read lots of posts describing the same issues here. None include an answer... I've done; plugs, two plug coils, fuel system cleaner and the fuel pump. Some posts have mentioned a possible connection to ECU/PCM. But no conclusion. Is this the source of our problems??? Do the companies offering pre programed (to your Vin) ECUs actually work? Thanks. G.

#7 ·
Thanks for the shout back: Lights up like a Christmas tree!! Engine, traction, Abs, 4wd warning....Only codes in the ECU were spark coils 2 and 3... Replaced those and all 4 spark plugs.... Also replaced fuel pump, as the filter is integral!! Damn it!! Often felt like fuel starvation.... Each item replaced makes it go ever so slightly better but still stalling and no power.... Now revs past 3000 again, which is nice.... But then stalls when you break!! I have order the ECU/PCM... I will report back once it's fitted! Keep your fingers crossed... It seems like to many issues just to be the throttle body to be honest.... Often seems slightly better when the engine is at full temp... But can still stall under breaks.... And so many warning lights with no codes!! I've done a reset a few times... Thx. G.

#5 ·
Most likely a dying throttle body. It takes a damn long time to code for that.

#21 ·
You can check coil by measuring resistance

Pri. .504 to .0616 ohms
Sec. 5.22k to 6.38k ohms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.