Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

09 Patriot North edition with cvt. I recently did a cleaning on my stock trans cooler (was clogged) as well as added in an aux cooler. I am still having some warm transmission issues at a slower rate. I do plan on getting a transmission flush and replacing the filter inside the transmission as well.

i've also seen some mentions that failing pumps could lead to overheating. Does the CVT have a pump, and if so, is it replaceable? Or would that require an entire transmission replacement? If it is replaceable, would sort of cost would I be looking at for it?

Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,493 Posts
If that filter is dirty, it will restrict the flow of fluid to the cooler. I'd make replacing it a high priority.

·
Administrator
6,745 Posts
If that filter is dirty, it will restrict the flow of fluid to the cooler. I'd make replacing it a high priority.
x2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have an appt for the flush and replacement on the 4th, but the only local place near me that would do it is the Jeep dealership. Every other place I checked didn't want to deal with a CVT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts