Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how bad is original 4 speakers without subwoofer? I am not a real rock funs, only listen regular pop music on the ride. Should I upgrade to 9 speaker Boston system?

Currently, it's really hard to find out a 5MT comes with this Sound System. I am going to give up. Just want to if 4 speakers still be OK.

Thanks for any of your comments here!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
do i 'need' it? i don't know. like most things i have, probably not.

but do i 'love' it?

HELL YEA!!!!!:smiley_thumbs_up::pepper:

·
Registered
640 Posts
9 speakers, hell, I want 20. When I driving down the street, I want to blast "Free Bird" so loud, people thing the world is coming to an end.

·
Registered
301 Posts
May not be worth the money if you are doing it aftermarket. I got it factory installed and LOVE IT!!!!!! People cant believe I get a Boston Acustic Sub. with my SUV. County sounds great on it

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
9 speakers, hell, I want 20. When I driving down the street, I want to blast "Free Bird" so loud, people think the world is coming to an end.
"Free Bird" ROCKS!!!! as for the band, the 'world DID come to an end' for them, did it not? :(

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I do not have the upgraded audio and I have run into the problem that when I am driving down the highway at 75mph with my windows and sunroof open, the music is too quiet... I know most people don't drive like that, but I do... lol.

Though I do like having the cubbyhole where the sub would go... My disc golf discs fit in there perfectly.

·
Registered
488 Posts
9 speakers, hell, I want 20. When I driving down the street, I want to blast "Free Bird" so loud, people thing the world is coming to an end.
If you blast "Free Bird" loud enough through 20 speakers, the world will come to an end.

BTW, I have the BA system and I think it's fantastic. I'd get it again. And there is the added benefit that you don't have to let the glue-huffers at the local autosound place rip your new car apart to put it in.

·
Registered
232 Posts
To answer the question,YES I DO!!!!!

I love it and am more than happy I went with the upgrade. You will hear both sides of the coin, but if you want to thump every once in a while, you will need to upgrade. If you plan on going the after market route, then I would def say, go base, no need to spend money on something that you are going to toss. I just think that there is something to that clean factory install thou.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The basic system sounds pretty good for a standard system, suprises me, BUT if I was ordering one that would be the one the one thing I would have wanted (well, that and cruise LOL)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
The basic system sounds pretty good for a standard system, suprises me, BUT if I was ordering one that would be the one the one thing I would have wanted (well, that and cruise LOL)
Ditto. The stock radio and 4 6x9's sounds pretty good. No comparision to a powered sub/amp/crossover system.....but much better then alot of factory radio's out there.

·
A True Straight Shooter
1,167 Posts
Go with the BA system. It is perfect at low volume and amazing at high volume. The "might as well" factor applies because you'll regret not getting something that works, fits, completes and improves upon your Jeep so well. My friends always demand that I drive because they perfer my sound system over anyone elses.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have the base radio. It is okay, it is fine for my needs, but even I can tell if I was really into music, I would want more.

If you like you music and you like it loud, seriously consider the upgrade.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
I don't know how bad is original 4 speakers without subwoofer? I am not a real rock funs, only listen regular pop music on the ride. Should I upgrade to 9 speaker Boston system?

Currently, it's really hard to find out a 5MT comes with this Sound System. I am going to give up. Just want to if 4 speakers still be OK.

Thanks for any of your comments here!
Take a CD or Ipod of music you will want to listen to while you drive and go test drive some cars. That is the only way to answer your question for you.

I am completely satisfied with the factory base radio. Obviously that does not meet the desires of some of the other folks. Sound systems are a very personal choice.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
No, it is not standard equipment.

You cannot get it with the Sport, optional with the North and Limited packages.
Homac I had it with my Sport,Is it because its the CRD for the Europian market?I tell you though its the best sound system Ive had in a vehicle as standard you can't beat that Boston sub in the boot once you pump up the volume,should call it the Boston wife anti nagging sub.:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought off of the lot and got the 4 speaker setup. The base system is quite livable. I like having the aux input for my MP3 player as well. I will say that Classical music does not sound as crisp with it however.

If you want better sound, go for it. If you want to use your MP3 player then you need to find out if there is an adapter available. Neither single CD unit will play MP3 CDs if I understand correctly. Really stupid....

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm happy with what I have. BUT hubby wishes I had upgraded and got one with the BA system. I did listen to the BA when I test drove a Compass.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I hear a lot of 'Hellz Yes' for the BA sound option, however I'm rather big into the aftermarket, and unless you can get the dealer to throw in the system for free, you're better off getting an aftermarket system through a professional installer. With an amp, and four speakers with tweeters, my system probably sounds a whole lot better than the BA system, and costs a lot less :p

1 - 20 of 70 Posts