• No

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you believe in God? If so, what do you believe it takes to go to heaven?

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Generally speaking its 1/3 not believing (or believing in a "higher power) and the other 2/3's believing in the man in the sky - poll shows the same here and apparently this poll is as scientific as any other.

Be a good person and you have noting to worry about in life and the one if there is one thereafter.

·
Registered
871 Posts
As you can tell by my avatar I'm heavy in the belief that the Cosmos is teeming with sentient life all at different stages of evolution, some less advanced and some thousands or even millions of earth years more advanced. Having read countless testimonies from eyewitnesses from regular people all the way through to military personell from ALL OVER THE WORLD it is my strong belief that earth is being visited by intelligent beings, whether it be from our galaxy or another or from another dimension.

Now the question is who is God? Answer: WE ALL ARE!!! If life exists throughout the Cosmos who is responsible for spreading the seed?

My belief is that a spirtual being or a race of extremely high level of consciousness is responsible for the creation of man, created with an everlasting soul and the spark of life. The soul of humanity is a heavily coveted item by many species out there that were born without the spark of Divinity.

Picture this if you will:

Earth is formed and evolution takes hold and creates the instinctually minded indigenous to Earth pre-historic man. When the time is right they come down take a male and female and tweek their DNA so that their off-spring is born with the ability to think and reason. They then let this new version take hold and create civilization etc.... I'm sure there have been a few updates along the way as we sit at the Homo Sapiens version currently. By free will it is our destiny to evolve without outside influence but they have from time to time tried to steer us in the right direction. We will eventually move on to Homo Spirtualis where we become an awakened planetary civilization spreading love and peace throughout the Cosmos. We then as a spare faring species will spread our seed throughout the Universe terra-forming other planets and becoming Gods or Co-creators ourselves.

You have to think on a Universal level because if you think we are all that there is you are badly mistaken or mis-informed.

Just my .02!!

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Wait .... I thought that this earth is the universe and this universe we live in called earth is flat? So confused!!!

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
I like to think there is a purpose for everything, and a greater power. I'm a Christian in my beliefs. I like to think that those I've loved have gone on to a better place.

Coming from a stargazer, and nature lover, it's hard to believe all the ordered structure in the cosmos and nature is just dumb luck. Also hard to believe that in all the galaxies and solar systems we can see, there is no other place with life.

·
Seriously Addicted
4,074 Posts
I like to think there is a purpose for everything, and a greater power. I'm a Christian in my beliefs. I like to think that those I've loved have gone on to a better place.

Coming from a stargazer, and nature lover, it's hard to believe all the ordered structure in the cosmos and nature is just dumb luck. Also hard to believe that in all the galaxies and solar systems we can see, there is no other place with life.
My thoughts exactly

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
871 Posts

Its refreshing Dixiedawg to hear people like yourself with enough of an open mind to believe in life elsewhere. The skeptics are always quick to say " with the vast distances there is no way we are being visited". Really? Just 150 years ago if you had told someone in that era that we would be travelling in planes and flying to the moon they would have looked at you like you we off your rocker. Now fast forward 500 years from now, can you imagine what science we'll discover that will make our science of today seem like when man first discovered fire. Einstein put a limit to speed to that of light. But theoretical physics is slowly discovering that there are multiple ways to travel beyond the speed of light or hyper-luminousity if you will. How about actually folding space and travelling just short distances? So many possiblities that we haven't yet tapped into. Something the black projects of the military are well aware of!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've been to places with such astonishing beauty that I'm convinced it wasn't just a a geological "accident"
Devine intervention has been prevalent many times in my life. So much that one can not convince me otherwise.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
As long as it is "our" God and not "your" God and as long as you are not inflicting your God on to me I'm fine with whatever you want to call it.

The question really should read "Do you believe in a God?"

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey Jdog,

There is no doubt in my mind that Earth is a biological wonderland and no doubt created with the hands of this Divinity.

There are so many people that have had near death experiences(NDE) only to come back and recount things that only a person who has gone to the other side would know. A perfect example is the story of brain surgeon Eban Alexander, an atheist at first but a changed man upon his return back from a deadly infection. Read his book "Proof of Heaven" very inspiring!! Here is a youtube vid:

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Now fast forward 500 years from now, can you imagine what science we'll discover that will make our science of today seem like when man first discovered fire.
Well just like in the other thread we got going - people even now cannot fathom the idea that in only a few years we could be traveling from city to city in magnetically levitated, solar powered, battery operated, air driven, floating pods which would travel at 700MPH and cost $20.00 per trip.

The future is here and and folks need to realize that even crazy ideas thought and spoken can and do come true. Just like the pneumatic powered car that runs on compressed air, charged by solar energy - batteries not required. People still doubt that a car can run on air - but there many working models out there.

Embrace the future, be dynamic.
Do not hold onto regressive and archaic beliefs.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
There are too many things I have experienced that cannot be explained by coincidence or accident which to me indicates that there are forces, dimensions or basic understandings of time which have not yet been explained by our understanding of the universe. Most of us have had such experiences. That which we cannot explain we surrender to faith.

Living on a small outpost on an insignificant solar system in the wilderness area of a routine galaxy of which there are as many galaxies as there are grains of sand on a beach, the possibility that we are the sole, sentient life form is not realistic. I also am sceptical that evolution alone can explain the ascendency of homo sapiens in such a short sprint of time without some intervention.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Croat, I heard that travel in a pneumatic tube both sucks and blows at the same time.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
This conversation is going from a question of asking if you believe in a god to that of contemplating the existence of extra terrestrials, UFOs, other universes, advanced lifeforms outside of our planet, etc.

Back to the subject - I've read, heard, and seen the work of many of the world's religions and their respective god(s) enough to know that each and every one of them is full of loopholes, inconsistencies, lies, barbaric traditions, sadism, outdated/nonsense/unequal/unfair rules/regulations/laws, etc and so on.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
But what is god? Is it the simplistic description contained in a George Carlin quote, a belief system, a set of rituals or a way of life? We use religion as a way of governing how humans interact with each other but that tells us little of what god is. Represented as an all knowing, all powerful being or as denizens who rule over parts of our world; we give god a human face to a power we don't understand.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Well in christianity (Abrahamic conceptions) he (not she) is this all mighty being in the heavens while in other religions (such as buddhism) there is no superhuman being god but rather "god" in all of us and to be one with the "god" is to follow and adhere to said set of rules, regulations, etc.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Its difficult to try and explain God away-who apparently created us in his own image, without delving into the other lifeforms out there. If they exist-and they do, what God created them?

This is the way it works: Life is created on a suitable planet by whatever being lays claim to it, of course in its own image. The species matures, gains technology and then spreads it seed elsewhere in the Universe and the cycle is repeated over and over.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts