Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble dismantling the dash on my 08 patriot. i just wan2 get the cover off so i can install a new stereo head deck or maybe see if the stock head deck has a line in for my ipod... can anyone help me with instructions on how to get it out?? i just bought my patriot and love it and really really dont wan2 break anything off it hahaha...

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
dang clips

I'm having trouble dismantling the dash on my 08 patriot. i just wan2 get the cover off so i can install a new stereo head deck or maybe see if the stock head deck has a line in for my ipod... can anyone help me with instructions on how to get it out?? i just bought my patriot and love it and really really dont wan2 break anything off it hahaha...
I havent taken apart the dash on the Pat Yet,
On other cars really helps to have a service manual of some sort,
not that dash removal is difficult,
Simply because they place those clips between the panels that arent visible,
and have to poke with a flat head screwdriver,
never know exactly where those clips are

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
5 lb. (2.3 kgs.) sledge hammer SHOULD do the trick. Cheap. Efficient. Fast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive got an 2009 does anyone know where to get some info on removing my dash :( my audio guy hasnt done a 09 pat yet i wanted to be ready for any surprises...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ive got an 2009 does anyone know where to get some info on removing my dash :( my audio guy hasnt done a 09 pat yet i wanted to be ready for any surprises...
The center radio bezel pulls straight out towards you. There are 4 screws that attach the climate control unit to the bezel, but that's it. Pull gently (but firmly..if that makes sense) from the bottom first, then the middle and finally the top (around the round air vents). It is faaaaaar easier than you think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Confirmed..
use a flathead, and pop the bottom part off. then use a bit of force to remove the middle, then the top..
once its off, you gota get a socket to unscrew the four screws holding the climate controls. pretty easy.
thanks albo, ive been looking for info on how to open that part, and didnt find it anywhere.

i now have have subs installed with the c2a-chy3 adapter, from PAC. note that the stock sub from the boston acoustic set no longer works when you use the c2a-chy3 adapter.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Along the same lines, what color wires are the rear door speakers for the BA system? Anyone know? I know in Nearly Normal's site it tells the color of the "rear speakers" but it appears that it is for the non BA systems.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Great Tool

I found that a great tool to remove the plastic plugs, if you do not have the proper tool, is a wooden Popcycle Stick or Tongue Depressor. I sanded down one end so that it was narrower and could fit in to pop out the pastic plugs. It works great and does not mess up the plastic plugs like a flat head screwdriver will.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts