Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Judge Dredd
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the decision today to remove the Jeep badge from the front of my Patriot today as I feel it spoils the lines of the vehicle.

Then I removed the CRD and the Limited badges from the rear as I don't normally like badges on the back end, however I then found a spare 4x4 badge I had and stuck it where the CRD badge had been.

I am still in two minds as to whether I remove the rear Jeep badge as well, anybody else de-badged their vehicle?

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Should probably post this in exterior, but is it safe to assume that all of the badges were simply taped in place? Was anything "bolted" in place? I'm going to start my modifications next week and debadging is one of them.

·
Judge Dredd
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should probably post this in exterior, but is it safe to assume that all of the badges were simply taped in place? Was anything "bolted" in place? I'm going to start my modifications next week and debadging is one of them.
All badges are stuck on with a strong adhesive, but come off easily after heating with a hair dryer and then any residue can be removed with WD40 or similar.
Very simple modification.:D

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
Took the decision today to remove the Jeep badge from the front of my Patriot today as I feel it spoils the lines of the vehicle.

Then I removed the CRD and the Limited badges from the rear as I don't normally like badges on the back end, however I then found a spare 4x4 badge I had and stuck it where the CRD badge had been.

I am still in two minds as to whether I remove the rear Jeep badge as well, anybody else de-badged their vehicle?
There was a fellow on here a long time ago who took all the badges off the Jeep. As a real Jeep head, I was totally against it. After he did it and posted pictures I had to agree, it looked good. Then I got to thinking historically about Jeeps, as I often do...;) "Real" Jeeps had the name embossed into the sheet metal, not just a plastic tag pasted on the body.:D The design of the Patriot says Jeep without any badges needed. (as it should be) Where as the GC without a name plate could be mistaken for a Lexus.:mad:

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
I de badged my Caliber & I bought my Avenger already debadged --However I added a 4x4 badge to my Patriot & got the reflective red bumper inserts.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
You took the Jeep right out of the Patriot! It's your Patriot and do what makes you happy. We all do things the way we want, which is a good thing as far as the Patriot.

·
Judge Dredd
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was a fellow on here a long time ago who took all the badges off the Jeep. As a real Jeep head, I was totally against it. After he did it and posted pictures I had to agree, it looked good. Then I got to thinking historically about Jeeps, as I often do...;) "Real" Jeeps had the name embossed into the sheet metal, not just a plastic tag pasted on the body.:D The design of the Patriot says Jeep without any badges needed. (as it should be) Where as the GC without a name plate could be mistaken for a Lexus.:mad:
Now you see that's what I was thinking, it is still unmistakeably a Jeep, I just feel that the badge on the front looks like an afterthought and it spoilt the look, hence the decision to remove it.

On the rear I felt it only needed me to add the 4x4 badge and remove the CRD and the Limited as I know what it is and too many badges looks cluttered, I have decided to leave the rear Jeep badge, although may reconsider that if I see a pic of one without and I think it looks good.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Below is the link to the thread "Jepstr67" was likely referring to. I saved the thread, but the color and the lack of further mods (at least for my taste) made it hard for me to compare. There are also a few other Patriots on here that are de-badged, but they're hard to find. Cardomain.com had a few de-badged Patriots as well.

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7243

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
Rolling through these older threads...

I've debadged my front grill. I used to have a CJ7 and it never said Jeep in front, just the 7 slot grill and round headlights, which the Patriot has. So it is my homage to the good old days.

My rear lift gate still has the Jeep logo but is clear other than that and my Canucks badge. That will stay that way.

2011 Pats don't have the inset name along the bumper, instead they have Patriot in raised, chromed letters along the front doors. My plan with those is to black them out.

That leaves me with a mineral grey vehicle with the black side mouldings, black bumper/fascia/muffler thing and black lettering on the sides. The only chrome will be in back, the Jeep and the Canucks badge. (black antenna too)

Those two badges/logos won't get removed but they may get blacked out...just to see.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I've de-badged my Patriot both front and back. Hands down, it is 100% cleaner looking than before! The grill will always scream Jeep.

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
I removed all my badges. I hate seeing badges that spoil a cars looks. I prefer mine much more without them. If you need pictures of the back with no badge on the liftgate handle let me know.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
17 Posts
I realize this is a crazy old thread, but for debadging do you only need a hair dryer to remove the badge? Or will you need something to pry them off with?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I liked debadged vehicles. They look nicer to me. I did that to my STi, and our e350. Looks so much cleaner.

What is the rear jeep badge attached with or is it part of the plastic?

-Nigel

·
Registered
44 Posts
The matt black badges look great ... You can get them on ebay, I haven't got them yet, I was never actually sure if removing the chrome badges would damage the paintwork so I never bothered, might give a try now though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts