Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I installed the lift kit about 2 months ago. It’s caused a lot of problems but is ultimately a good kit. Since it’s way cheaper than the RRO kit, it’s missing a lot of parts that are necessary to install after the lift. I ended up having to buy adjustable camber bolts, and adjustable rear control arms to fix my alignment caused by the kit. I also recently had to replace my CV axles because of a clicking noise when turning and a vibration when driving. Even after the axle replacement, I still have a slight vibration when accelerating, going up hills, and at higher speeds.
That's why I just took it off. Too much troubles with the CV. After replacing the CV I didn't want to replace it again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I couldn't find anything on lifting 2.2 CRD with the search tool, but is there anyone who has tried to put this on 2.2 CRD Patriot, or Compass. It would be nice to hear has there been same promblems that I've had. I've contacted Daystar on the subject but haven't had any answer yet.

CARiD already announced that I can return this if I want. I've been thinking of cutting the pieces little smaller and try if it would work, but I'm not sure how the polyurethane pieces will withstood if I for example cut them in half... ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm keeping up to conversation with myself. But I think it's useful to let at least other Europeans know that this will not work with European suspension. Also seems that CARiD and DayStar both are washing their hands out of this and refusing to take responsibility. They answer that they can't confirm fitment to European models but they are still selling it as a "fits all models" item. CARiD offered a huge 10$ gift to their shop as a compensation...

After considering my options I ended up ordering TEMA 4x4's 20mm coil spring spacers from Russia and use the sway bar end link brackets of DayStars kit if needed. Lets see if I can get my Patriot even a little bit closer to the sun with that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed the daystar 1.5" Lift, 2014 patriot. Right out of the shop there's a mean rumble in the front driver side. Only on hard exceleration though. Not very pleased. As noted before you have to purchase adjustable control arms separately in order to get the alignment. Any suggestions on the rumble im getting??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok. Here's my 2cents on these lifts kits. First off, I think a 2inch lift kit on our trucks is just a bit to much. It really expands the shocks to the fullest they can go, and some get some very bad noises over certain bumps (noises to me that were unbearable, made the jeep really unenjoyable to drive) then again some don't. If you wanna lift your patriot with little issues and get a really good look and the ability to run a bigger tire (with the pinch weld mod) I highly recommend the daystar 1 and 1/2 inch lift, just make sure you purchase adjustable rear control arms and the adjustable camber bolts along with it to make sure it can be aligned properly. I switched out the rough country 2in lift for the daystar and my problem completely was taken care of. Believe it or not, that 1/2 inch lower on stock suspension really helps.

·
Registered
2015 Patriot 2.4L 4WD High Altitude w/ 6-speed auto
5 Posts
Right out of the shop there's a mean rumble in the front driver side. Only on hard exceleration though. Not very pleased.
Did you find any resolution? I am having the exact same mean rumble on the front Driver side issue right now. Had my cv axle replaced, new struts, new sway bar links. I am running the 2 inch RC lift for about 6 months fine before the cv axle failed.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts