Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any experience, issues or anything else with the Daystar 1 1/2" lift kits. I'd like to know the good, the bad and the ugly with it. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
@Stussykyd has the Daystar lift installed:

You might send them a PM or post in that thread and ask for an update.

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
What are quick struts? I'm kind of new to this whole off road parts.
A "quick strut", is bascially just the strut, spring, and strut mounts purchased pre-assembled, rather than buying each part separately and putting it together yourself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh okay. So you dont have to compress it in order to install them and why did you replace the front struts or both front and rear ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just finished installing it on mine. The lift with 235/65r17 Tires looks just about perfect. The best way I can describe it is almost like a trail hawk version would have looked; different enough to stand out, but not over the top. So far the ride is great no issues. Without a lift or air tools it took me all of a weekend to install the kit as well as install new pads and rotors all around, but that’s with taking breaks to go to work and not get too frustrated with the thing. I had issues getting my front swaybar links back in and torqued propperly so I’m just replacing those this week but that was the only negative I’ve experience so far. As I said I’m really happy with the result, I’ll add pictures later this week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just finished installing it on mine. The lift with 235/65r17 Tires looks just about perfect. The best way I can describe it is almost like a trail hawk version would have looked; different enough to stand out, but not over the top. So far the ride is great no issues. Without a lift or air tools it took me all of a weekend to install the kit as well as install new pads and rotors all around, but that’s with taking breaks to go to work and not get too frustrated with the thing. I had issues getting my front swaybar links back in and torqued propperly so I’m just replacing those this week but that was the only negative I’ve experience so far. As I said I’m really happy with the result, I’ll add pictures later this week.
Looking forward as well. Still on the fence on installing these

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the lift kit about 2 months ago. It’s caused a lot of problems but is ultimately a good kit. Since it’s way cheaper than the RRO kit, it’s missing a lot of parts that are necessary to install after the lift. I ended up having to buy adjustable camber bolts, and adjustable rear control arms to fix my alignment caused by the kit. I also recently had to replace my CV axles because of a clicking noise when turning and a vibration when driving. Even after the axle replacement, I still have a slight vibration when accelerating, going up hills, and at higher speeds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed the lift kit about 2 months ago. It’s caused a lot of problems but is ultimately a good kit. Since it’s way cheaper than the RRO kit, it’s missing a lot of parts that are necessary to install after the lift. I ended up having to buy adjustable camber bolts, and adjustable rear control arms to fix my alignment caused by the kit. I also recently had to replace my CV axles because of a clicking noise when turning and a vibration when driving. Even after the axle replacement, I still have a slight vibration when accelerating, going up hills, and at higher speeds.
Installing now the Daystar lift kit. Finished rear now and already noticed that the coils springs are rubbing the tire. I got 2011 Patriot CRD, tires are 225/70r16 with wheels offset 36. Does it always need spacers with factory offset wheels? So far I'm not impressed with the quality and finishing of the Daystar parts but we'll see how them will work. Probably won't get spacers anywhere today but I'll install the front anyways now and add spacers tomorrow.

Daystar should really inform that you need some other parts also to install their kit properly...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installing now the Daystar lift kit. Finished rear now and already noticed that the coils springs are rubbing the tire. I got 2011 Patriot CRD, tires are 225/70r16 with wheels offset 36. Does it always need spacers with factory offset wheels? So far I'm not impressed with the quality and finishing of the Daystar parts but we'll see how them will work. Probably won't get spacers anywhere today but I'll install the front anyways now and add spacers tomorrow.

Daystar should really inform that you need some other parts also to install their kit properly...
And now after installing this I can say it's no good at all. First of all the bolts in the package were too short??? The finishing of the polyurethane pieces was terrible, scratchy and rugged. I don't know why but this should be 1,5" lift kit but the package says 2" Ordered this from Carid.

I barely got the camber angle adjusted correctly even with the longer bolts that I had to buy sperately, no chance with the original ones. After we got it installed and took a test drive it's clear that the CV axels failure (maybe breaking angle? Not sure what is the right term in english) angle is way too big and the CV axles just can't take the stress.

Not very happy at the moment. Hours of work for nothing.

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
And now after installing this I can say it's no good at all. First of all the bolts in the package were too short??? The finishing of the polyurethane pieces was terrible, scratchy and rugged. I don't know why but this should be 1,5" lift kit but the package says 2" Ordered this from Carid.

I barely got the camber angle adjusted correctly even with the longer bolts that I had to buy sperately, no chance with the original ones. After we got it installed and took a test drive it's clear that the CV axels failure (maybe breaking angle? Not sure what is the right term in english) angle is way too big and the CV axles just can't take the stress.

Wow, with parts that don't fit and packaging that says 2" instead of 1.5" it almost sounds like it's the wrong kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Got some clearance now for the problems with cv axles. My Patriot is with 2.2 CRD AND with 6-speed Aisin BG6 gearbox. This combination has different type of cv axles than US versions, and the axles apparently can't handle the lift. Yet this doesn't explain the shortness of the bolts. There shouldn't be any structural differences with the chassis between european and US versions.

Anyways I got this bolt problem solved and rear works now fine with the but the front axles causes trouble. I'm now gonna try to work and cut the front polyurethane pieces to reduce the lift in front and try if it's ok for the axles then. We'll see if it works...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts