Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I at times have to go onto a military base after dark and they really dislike bright headlights blinding them. From other posts I have seen that pulling up just a little on the parking brake turns them off and I have confirmed it does work.

My question: If I engage the parking brake just in the first notch and drive say 100 yards with it like this, will it hurt anything?

Is there a different way to turn them off for this short time period? I like them on during the day just dont want them on at night while going thru the gate.

Thank you all for your help.
Ryan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just thinking, if the day time running lights go off when the emegency brake light on the dash comes on, then a toggle switch should be able to control the day time lights...right? Turn the toggle on and the lights think the emergency brake has been applied when they really havnt been. Any ideas...

Kind of thinking out loud...sorry

Ryan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know how it turns out. Pictures would be great!!! I am not very good with cars so it would be great to see how you did it.

Thanks to all to responded to my original post!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So this might be a stupid question but how did you get the front of the console to come loose? The 2 screws inside the arm rest freed up the back part but I couldnt get the front of it to loosen up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.