Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think you're onto something. Find the wires to the e brake lever, cut them, and install a toggle. I'm thinking maybe next week trying this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
All right guys, I did it today. I removed the center console by removing 2 screws inside arm rest and pull out (remove wire connector). One wire goes to the parking brake switch. Splice into this wire and connect to + on toggle switch. Connect ground wire on switch to any ground on vehicle ( I used the mounting bolt for the brake lever). Connect load terminal on toggle switch to mounting bolt for the e brake switch. Mount toggle switch on console below the 120 outlet and put back together.
Works great. Brake light on dash obviously flashes when I have the switch turned on so the running lamps don't come on. This fools the car into thinking the brake is engaged. No more blinding my neighbors when I leave for work in the morning at 4!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Once you remove the 2 screws in the armrest console (rear) the front is just held in by 2 clips. Place your fingers under the front sides and gently pull up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My issue is that I wanted DRL normally, but the ability to turn them off when desired. I do like the extra visibility that DRL's give other drivers so some dumb ass doesn't pull out in front of me, but for covert operations I like them off. My description above worked great. When I was a kid I put a switch on my brake lights so I could turn them off. I don't know why I do these things....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts