Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 Patriot. Running lights and instrument lights will flash 6 times then go out when you turn on the head light switch. The headlights stay on and brake lights still work but the running lights and instrument lights will go out after the 6th flash. Here’s the strange part. You can turn the headlight switch off and then on again and the issue will repeat itself (6 flashes then go off) This will continue for as many times as you try it. Any ideas?

· Registered
1 Posts
2012 Patriot. Running lights and instrument lights will flicker then go out when you turn on the manual head light switch. The headlights don’t go out and brake lights still work, only the running lights and instrument lights go out. Here’s the strange part. You can turn the manual light switch off then on again and the issue will repeat itself. This will continue for as many times as you try it. Any ideas?
Hello and Happy New year, I have just experienced this very same issue 3 days ago. I have read it is the body control module. lets keep up to date with our progress sorting out this issue.
  • Best of luck Archie Grafton Ontario

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Archie
Thanks for replying. I have also been doing lots of reading and keep seeing that the TIPM (totally integrated power module) could possibly be the culprit. Is this what you are calling the “body control module” ??
I’m going to start there by checking all the fuses and relays that are located in the TIPM.

· Registered
1 Posts
Archie
Thanks for replying. I have also been doing lots of reading and keep seeing that the TIPM (totally integrated power module) could possibly be the culprit. Is this what you are calling the “body control module” ??
I’m going to start there by checking all the fuses and relays that are located in the TIPM.
did you manage to find the fix, I have a similar issue on my 2007 jeep patriot where the dash led lights and taillights will blink 5 or 6 times and then go completely dark and can't seem to find the fix.

· Registered
1 Posts
SOLVED: I had this exact same issue on my Jeep Patriot (2015). The dashboard backlighting would flicker about 6 times then go out, while the headlights would continue working fine. It turned out to be an issue with my headlight/dimmer switch/stick, which was faulty. I pulled the same switch from a 2011 in the junkyard, paid $1 for it, then changed it out with my bad one. It fixed the problem right away!

How to replace:

· Registered
153 Posts
My issue is I turn on the factory lower driver-fog lights my dash flickers then dims then goes back to normal Jeep 2010

I stopped using them no issue... except ones in a while passenger headlight goes dark even with a new ground / not sure if related

I could use South Main Guy

Riicr

· Registered
2 Posts
2014 Patriot. Running lights and instrument lights will flash 6 times then go out when you turn on the head light switch. The headlights stay on and brake lights still work but the running lights and instrument lights will go out after the 6th flash. Here’s the strange part. You can turn the headlight switch off and then on again and the issue will repeat itself (6 flashes then go off) This will continue for as many times as you try it. Any ideas?

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm having this same issue with my 2014 patriot left blinker will not work switched bulbs ect. When turning on headlights all interior flash the go out along with my left tail light and blinker. Any thoughts how this might be tied together any help greatly appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts