The Patriot goes up to the hill

still goes

the wrangler-boys

The Chief

to be continued...

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
SWeet video and pictures! Looks like you're putting your Patriot to the test as much, if not more than anyone else out there!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Jeep Marshalls fault???? I'm curious how you got out of that tight spot with the front bumper bottomed out.

You should be responsible for your own fate. Those two downhill slides looked pretty frightening (especially the first at 1:00 in the video).

Psssst - get some better tread before trying those hills again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for your comments everybody!

It was a trail organised by the JEEP company in Cyprus.. there was an invitation for every Jeep Owner in Cyprus... As you can see only 25 of them showed up! 4 Patriots and a 6-7 Compass and the other were wranglers and cherokee.

There were Jeep Marshalls leading you in tough spots, but i think they made a mistake in the last part of the trail. i believe we could go left or right, not straight ahead to destroy the front bumper.. you could roll-over in that spot but i believed the patriot could pass it easily..anyway, every Patriot and Compass touched the ground. :doh:

By the way, i want to mention that the Patriots on the pictures and videos are FDI... because i can read lot of comments that FDI sucks on offroading.. i believe those who believe that are mistaken, and pictures can show that clearly!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeep Marshalls fault???? I'm curious how you got out of that tight spot with the front bumper bottomed out.
We ve put some rocks in front of the tires in order to lift the front bumper up.. That worked out, but the bumper was sliding on the ground for few more cm.. finally we got out!
Good Job Patriot :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice pics and vids!:) We can see wrong design of Eurostyle bumper for offroad very clearly...!:(

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Woo-hoo! Great to see several Patriots on the same trail! :smiley_thumbs_up:

By the way, i want to mention that the Patriots on the pictures and videos are FDI... because i can read lot of comments that FDI sucks on offroading.. i believe those who believe that are mistaken, and pictures can show that clearly!
Eh, the FDI does have its limitations. Whether it "sucks" or not depends on what your expectations for off-road capabilities are, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Reminds me of the Jeep Jamborees in the states.
Looks like lots of fun and I'm sure it impressed some of the Wrangler drivers to see what the Pats and Compass could do.
Thanks for sharing :)
Rich

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
As Stated!! This is where the BIG Euro bumper loses out!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice Pictures and video.
and 5 stars for the drive.

The HDC(Hill Descent Control) would make a BIG difference if you had it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
As Stated!! This is where the BIG Euro bumper loses out!!
....would also make a good snowplow!!! LOL

Looks like a real good time, Jeep style!

Like Heckler said, 'better rubbers' for the downhill leg.

Impressive Pat performance, again!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice pics and vid !

gravel roads can be quite tricky, ik bet some of the drivers had to put on the ac to cool down afterwards :)
indeed the EU bigger bumpers are not that good for off-roading, have experienced it myself

·
Registered
457 Posts
ah.. jeep-n.. one of the few world wide families

nice pictures and video.

- Dan M

1 - 20 of 31 Posts