Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
6,361 Posts
All you really need to do is add the cooler core in series with the factory transmission cooler out by the radiator.

If you already have the water-to-oil cooler (#4 in diagram) and you want to replace it with the one from the kit just connect the hoses the same way.
It comes factory with 4 ports, not 2 ports like the Nissan's do.

If you don't already have the water-to-oil cooler and instead have the integrated by-pass valve plate (below) then you must leave it that way. Don't install the water-to-oil cooler.

They honestly don't help with cooling much anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to try to integrate the water 2 oil cooler inlets and Outlets to the Core hoses because the whole unit is made of out of aluminum it'll probably help keep it cool

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,361 Posts
I'm going to try to integrate the water 2 oil cooler inlets and Outlets to the Core hoses because the whole unit is made of out of aluminum it'll probably help keep it cool
Your call, but if you don't already have it, it isn't necessary to add it and won't help with cooling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's all hooked up I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes I I drive all day for my job so we'll see what happens

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I tried it and a week later the Transmissions overheating even faster now so I switched back to the regular soup housing cover I'll let you know how this goes

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,321 Posts
Make sure that you don't have your CVT overfilled. Even a few drops too many will make the CVT overheat. Maybe try running a few mm below where the chart says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts