Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Little update:
The wrist is better, joints stiff though((
The 2013 donor's cab is completely gutted out to the metal. Doors, liftgate, fenders, bumpers, even glass removed too. The engine/transmission is disconnected on the top and front side. When the rain stops I will procede to the next step : removing axles, cat/exhaust, mounts, differential, and basically it will be ready to be pulled out. Then deep breath and will jump into disconnecting my 2014 engine/transmission. My major concern is that the main body harness may be different, so unfortunately it could add a week or two to my project (if swapping it is necessary).
Will keep you posted.
And in the mean time if anybody needs something from my 2013 Pat Limited, pls let me know.
Peter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Gentlemen (and Ladies:):)
The weather is not cooperating and work schedule neither but a little update on my project:
2013 Pat Donor is empty: cabin stripped to the bare metal, axles, drive shaft, differential, engine/transmission, hubs, exhaust, rotors, harnesses all removed. Tomorrow I'll start disconnecting engine/transmission of my 2014 Pat Recipient and will be looking into engine harness to see if it's different than Donor's. The plan is to replace all necessary sensors, electronic modules, and computer with the ones from the Donor to avoid any programming conflicts with the hardware I'm going to replace (engine/transmission, drive shaft, differential).
Please keep your fingers crossed to help me complete the project before the winter comes:):)
Will keep you posted on the progress.
Peter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Peter!!
Bless your heart man!! I am SO happy to have found this thread....as I am toying with the possibility that I may need to follow suit and attempt to tackle my 2008 pat. I will be following alongside!!
Hi lacymae,
Keep in mind that i'm 1955 not 1988 which means i retired and work part time only))
This takes a lot of time but also worth noting that my "garage" is under the sky so i'm depending on the weather and i spent a lot of time stripping the donor totally to the bare bones (planning on selling most parts).
Best,
Peter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi everyone,
Update on my swap project:
Weather/time constrictions related delays but moving steady forward.
Donor completely empty, engine/transmission disconnected and ready to be taken out (waiting for axle seals, transmission filters and pan gasket, drive shaft seal, sparks plugs, oil and air filters, serpentine belt, bolts and nuts). My 2014 recipient status: replaced dash harness to accommodate all under dash modules (4x4, stability, transmission, safety) and installed power converter, the remote start, compass, and communication modules, as well as the ignition lock. Reinstalled dash and installed donor's radio, dash Boston speakers. Next step (rain in the forecast:(:( is to take the roofliner down and cut the new opening to accommodate the garage opener and mic module to be used with the donor's A-pillar harness and to install donor's smart rear view mirror (with light sensor etc). It will allow me to install the harness connecting to GPS antenna too.
2014 engine/transmission is also completely disconnected and was ready to be taken out today but Nicole reached me and poured a lot of rain on Long Island((.
Also 2014 undercarriage is ready to have donor's differential, half axles, main drive shaft, exhaust, shocks, knuckles installed.
Still quite a road ahead of me but I see a light in the tunnel finally.
Gave up on replacing the main harness (seems it will not be necessary, and I don't really need the tail gate speakers, still there is a chance the harness to amplifier will be compatible and I could hook up to it my donor's sub woofer though:):)
That's all for today!
Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Guys, and Galls:):)
I see the light in the tunnel! Rear end is done, drive shaft with differential, exhaust, installed. The engine and transmission is in, mounts tighten. Pass side of the engine is all hooked up, driver's side started. I kept my transmission oil cooler set up, so I installed it on my donor's engine/transmission. Cabin is almost done (need to hook up the shifter and reinstall the center console).
Weather permitting by the end of the week I will be ready to start pouring fluids in (brakes, steering, AC, engine pan gasket/oil/filter, trans pan gasket/oil/filters, diffrential). Last week was pretty cold so it slowed me down a bit.
Probably beginnig of Dec I will get drunk before turning the key for the first time:):) So many things could go wrong that I'm really nervous about what's going to happen.

Different subject though: Not sure if any of you used MoparPartsGiant for your Mopar parts needs. I did. And I'm sorry I did. Stay away!!! Liers, scammers, thieves! After 21 days of calling, emailing them about my order, of which last 5 days there was a bullshit USPS tracking number with "label created" status which was the last straw. I canceled the order, called my bank to dispute the CC charge. Requested refund, ordered parts somewhere else. Suddenly the parts arrived (one exhaust bolt missing and charged for) and they are saying they have to charge me 20% restocking fee for the return because "it's my fault that I haven't canceled my order within their "cancellation period of 3 days'!! And they are refusing the refund all together for smaller items (below $8) which amounted to over $50. Out of $213 I paid, I will get around $110 back (if I'm lucky)!
Stay away!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh, I forgot: Opened the pass rear molding/C pillar, and there was neither the harness for the amplifier, nor the amplifier under the seat:( So my nice Boston Acustics subwoofer and big amp is not going to be heard in my Pat)).
Will keep you all posted on my progress.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts