Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Compass CVT trans replaced with CVT out of Dodge Caliber, Went OK, but not for the faint of heart. Two codes are coming up P167A and P161b. The 167A is expected as there is now a mismatch between EEPROM solenoid calibration and the TCM..this must be set to relearn, which has not been done. QUESTION.. Is the P161b Battery Disconected/TCM internal associated with the previous P167A? Reading of SB 18-019-06 says can be, but can be a number of other things! Your thoughts please!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the transmission replacement is complete. The TCM has been set to relearn and all codes have "disappeared". Special thanks to Sandstone, for very competent advise and information.
So what can I add to the knowledge base?
Not much, that hasn't been said. So I will just reinforce some things I learned.
1. Be very careful threading bolts into the soft aluminum block. I was lucky not to cross thread any, but I can see and feel how that maybe very easy to do. Especially, be carefully (ie hand tighten) the 10mm bolts to the trans soup can cooler, and the 10mm bolts to the transmission pan (yes torque these).
2. I did install a trans cooler, and cutting the pipes as they passed through the front rad support, turned out to be ideal. Several videos on You Tube.
3. Supported the engine with a bent steel bar, allowing removal of three of the engine mounts, and unfettered access to engine/trans for removal.
4. If you are a novice at this replacement. Recommend you take your time, as there is lots of places to screw up and end up with a world of hurt.
5. Made a cardboard template for trans bolt position. Some bolts are installed from the engine side, some from the trans side. I think a mix of 15mm and 14mm (maybe 17mm) of various lengths (I think). Template saves a lot of time when putting it back together.
6. Good luck! IMG-6e42586b06d6f126dd68c96ce8b12d4c-V.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts