Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,544 Posts
I have a CVT2 in my 09 Pat and I've grown to love it. I don't find it sluggish as long as you don't jam the accelerator right to the floor, steady pressure down and she takes off with out any worry. Whether or not they are more or less reliable than traditional transmissions I don't know, but they sure seem more expensive to replace when they do go bad. I imagine that price will come down as they are now being used a lot more.

You have a new car (I assume) and the warranty to go with it, keep up with the owner's manual requirements for your power train and you have little to worry about in the event it goes bad on you.

I'm pretty sure the outcry about failing CVT's has been amplified and maybe slightly exaggerated between being a newer type of transmission for vehicles that people aren't used to and the high price tag for replacement. It would be interesting to see official stats on failures of these vs traditional transmissions, but I doubt any exist or would be made public if they did.

Good luck and stay up on your warranty requirements.
Amazing!! Another person with some sense!!! ;) Too bad there aren't more people like us, eh?

·
Banned
729 Posts
Amazing! Another person that would rather adapt to their vehicle instead of having something that works correctly;)

·
7,810 Posts
Amazing! Another person that would rather adapt to their vehicle instead of having something that works correctly;)
Ahem. Correct is a subjective term. If correct means a thump between gears, rpms jumping all over the place, and a transmission that can't figure out what gear to be in when climbing a hill, then a conventional automatic functions 'correctly.'

However, if you want fuel efficiency, an engine that maintains a pretty consistent rpm, and that purrs only a little more fervently on an incline, then the CVT functions 'correctly.'

Much easier for a human to adapt to a machine than to expect a machine to adapt to a human.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
Looks like we need to split into two forums.

All of the right type of person in the JeepPatriotCVT forum and all the losers in the JeepPatriotSlushbox6 forum.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
No need to ramp it up.
I and I'm sure many others, don't agree with your point of view but no one tells you that your posts on this matter are the dumbest thing they have ever heard.

Its these Internet tuff guy ad hominem attacks that cause folks to just go away.
And I'm not talking about Ignatz for instance, its folks simply reading that grow weary of that kind of post.

no need for that particular wording at all, bcom.
None.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,544 Posts
Lol, don't forget the 5-on-the-floor forums, who prefer to manually control their own transmission without the computers doing it all. I remember my time in the 18-wheelers, and those 10-speeds are fun, but my Patriot is pretty sporty by comparison. Hardly a Corvette of course, but it does just fine for me.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.