Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Patriot Sport...About to hit 70,000 miles.

This month is 3 yrs I own this car and never had any transmission problems until this month. I noticed when accelerating from a stop the transmission bucks, the car shakes and the transmission feels like it has a hard time catching....this all usually happens when I have the AC on...So I drove without the AC, and it still does it...It just does it worse with the AC on.

The car is only at 70,000 so it still has the original transmission fluid and filter...

Do you think its time for a fluid change?

Also, I think my transmission overheats which causes this problem...My Patriot does not have the "Transmission Overheat" Idiot light...so How do I know if it is overheating?

Sorry for rambling...and Thanks You.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm having a very similar problem. It only happens after I've been driving for about 10 minutes. In addition to shaking while accelerating from a stop, it does it while driving. Any ideas?

Also, the check engine light is not on. It did, however, ding and flash on one trip, and stayed on until I turned the car off. The next time I started it, no light.

Right now, my Pat's at the dealer getting LCA and tie rod ends replaced ($350 copay...ugh), and I told them about this problem. When I first called Chrysler for that, I was only 2 weeks out of warranty, while only being at 28k miles. The LCA and tie rod end better be a recall soon.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts

This month is 3 yrs I own this car and never had any transmission problems until this month. I noticed when accelerating from a stop the transmission bucks, the car shakes and the transmission feels like it has a hard time catching....this all usually happens when I have the AC on...So I drove without the AC, and it still does it...It just does it worse with the AC on.

The car is only at 70,000 so it still has the original transmission fluid and filter...

Also, I think my transmission overheats which causes this problem...My Patriot does not have the "Transmission Overheat" Idiot light...so How do I know if it is overheating?

Try changing the sparkplugs and air filter first, before you start worrying about the CVT.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm having a very similar problem. It only happens after I've been driving for about 10 minutes. In addition to shaking while accelerating from a stop, it does it while driving.
Thats when my problems start, after the car gets to its normal operating temperature.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I changed the brand of the spark plugs, It had NGK brand spark plugs. I changed over to Bosch Platinum and haven't had a problem since.

Hope this helps you. Let me know of the outcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Replace your spark plugs makes cvt transmissions feel jerky when a plug has lost it’s seal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts