Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here in Germany the Jeep Dealer told me the same. "There is no Filter"
Here is the box with original equipment part number got this from a Nissan mechanic this $15 part is the demise of these tranny's. Chang fluid and filters every 50,000 miles. Not 70 like manual says 102516 miles on CVT and fluid and filters have been changed twice. No issues. mechanic says it was changed before.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,082 Posts
Here in Germany the Jeep Dealer told me the same. "There is no Filter"

The cooler filter isn't even mentioned in the CVT service procedure in the service manual, so that may be in part why they were unaware.

But after all these years, there's really no excuse for ignorance anymore.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the box with original equipment part number got this from a Nissan mechanic this $15 part is the demise of these tranny's. Chang fluid and filters every 50,000 miles. Not 70 like manual says 102516 miles on CVT and fluid and filters have been changed twice. No issues. mechanic says it was changed before.
[/QUO

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can you check & swap this filter without draining the tranny fluid on a cold engine? I would like to check to see if mine was changed out a couple weeks ago, less than 100 miles since the tranny oil & pan filter changed. Mechanic didn't mention or document changing it out and he might not give me a truthful answer if I ask. Can't be sure but doesn't look like the soup can bolts have been touched. Rather be sure than sorry. Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you check & swap this filter without draining the tranny fluid on a cold engine? I would like to check to see if mine was changed out a couple weeks ago, less than 100 miles since the tranny oil & pan filter changed. Mechanic didn't mention or document changing it out and he might not give me a truthful answer if I ask. Can't be sure but doesn't look like the soup can bolts have been touched. Rather be sure than sorry. Thanks!
Yes you can if you have car ramps but you will have to take out battery for this method or take wheel well off and go that way or just take it and ask to check and or replace to a smaller shop they will.changebit if you show them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts