Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested in a custom built sub box for the cubby hole in the cargo area, I can build and sell them to you. Recently I built and sold one to Tyler-98-W68. He liked it so much he suggested that I put them up for sale. I'm selling them for $80USD plus the cost of shipping. Here are a couple of pictures to see my work.

You can also reference here:
http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23268

Pm me if you are interested. Thanks!

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,098 Posts
Free bump

here is one installed in my jeep:

"]

It adds a nice thump to the stock system I highly recommend it:pepper:

·
Registered
618 Posts
8" sub?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Off Road Enthusiast
1,391 Posts
Bryan, why are you selling? How much do you want?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bryan, why are you selling? How much do you want?
Just selling them to people who don't want to make them or that don't have the tools to, and I'm asking $80 for them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am very interested but have a few questions:
1) How does it do with ratling? Any issues?
2) How do you get it in there?
Surprisingly it doesn't rattle at all. I was kinda worried about that when I first built it but it's been in there now for a few months and I haven't had any issues. To get it in there you have to take off the side panel and cut out the storage cubby that's in there, then all I did was screwed the box to the inner body. If need be I can take mine back apart and send you some picture of how to take the panel off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I cant find a spare tire cover sub box from someone I will definately buy this from you. The other task is to find a really good thin 8" sub

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What did you use to cover it as pictured below and will that be included?
Unfortunately I can't include the cover, reason being is that not every panel is the same and you would have to ship me the trim ring that goes around the cover inorder for me to make it for you. I just used some thin fabric I got at a hobby store and just some chicken wire from a hardware store. If you do it the way I did you have to make sure you don't break the plastic rivets that are on the trim ring otherwise it won't snap back in the panel. If you look at the pictures in post #33 you can see the plastic rivets and how I cut them out. http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23268&page=3 .

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I cant find a spare tire cover sub box from someone I will definately buy this from you. The other task is to find a really good thin 8" sub
Cool well let me know. You don't need a thin sub for the box I build it has plenty of room for the sub to breathe. Just look at the JBL sub I used compared to the rockford one my brother used.

·
Off Road Enthusiast
1,391 Posts
Sorry, I didn't really read the first post, or I'd have known the price, DOH! Anyway, once I make some money, I'd be interested in one for sure and we can have an install party - I'll supply the beer!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, I didn't really read the first post, or I'd have known the price, DOH! Anyway, once I make some money, I'd be interested in one for sure and we can have an install party - I'll supply the beer!
Lol sweet I'm always willing to work for beer! :D let me know when you get some money and I'll get to building! Thanks Bill

·
Off Road Enthusiast
1,391 Posts
Did you replace your head unit? Where'd you mount your amp? These are all questions that could likely be answered by my lazy ass reading your other thread...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you replace your head unit? Where'd you mount your amp? These are all questions that could likely be answered by my lazy ass reading your other thread...
Haha Yeah I did replace my head unit but my brother is running his off the stock one. I put the amp where the factory one would go, next to the spare tire on the right hand side just behind the back seats.

·
Off Road Enthusiast
1,391 Posts
Oh, geesh, I coulda read your signature... Fun. We'll have to chat more when we get closer to the project, maybe this spring... Oh, hey, we're having a holiday gathering and b-day party for Bailey the Saturday after X-mas if you're interested, after 2pm. Dogs welcome, and you can bring a friend or two. PM me for address and what not if you're interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I pick up my Patriot tomorrow :) and am looking to immediately get to work on the audio system. You still manufacturing these? This is the best I've seen around! Lemme know!

-Melanie

·
Registered
68 Posts
Kinda old but worth a try.

You still making those? I'm interested in purchasing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 28 Posts