Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Creation's Build Thread

138K views 903 replies 62 participants last post by  Creation 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to my build thread, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy the read. I tried to give a run down on what I did for certain modifications, but if you need anymore help please ask./COLOR]

Username: Creation

Year: 2008

Make: Jeep

Model: Patriot

Trim: Sport 4x2

Color: Steel Blue Metallic Clearcoat

Mods:
Dual Magnaflow Exhaust, Tint(28% on the front, 20% on all the others), Custom HID Fog lights with LED rings, SSR Agle Premiums , Debadged, Nexus 7 tablet indash, enclosure, Jeep Carpet floor mats, Retrofitted Projector Headlights with Angry Eye Turn signals, LED interior dome lights, LED License plate lights, Silver PATRIOT lettering, Soundproofed trunk, Soundproofed all 5 doors, 4" stubby antenna, Euro Bumper, Sueded A, B, and C pillars, and a black suede headliner, BC Coilovers, Corbeau Forza seats, custom slider rails, and switch panel for various items, OEM Euro Bumper, custom tubular camber arms, toe links, rear wiper delete, one off ONIMADE front camber plates(coming soon), custom aluminum center console(coming soon).

Suspension & Tires:
BC Coilovers SRT-4
SSR agle premiums
Bridgestone Potenzas 215/35/19

Performance:
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

In Progress:

Air suspension setup
One Off - ONIMADE camber plates
One Off - Aluminum center console w/ light up cup holders, and other cool things.

How I'm Currently Sitting:
Crossed legged in a desk chair.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Interior:
First off, a huge shoutout to Eastbeach. He introduced me to this trim, and we both love it.
Showing off a little of the brushed aluminum trim: For this, I used chrome trim from Discount Auto Parts, sanded it down in the same direction carefully.

More trim: (Also pictured, is my foglight controller. Top is the cycle for 7 colors, middle is power, and bottom is for fog lights themselves.)

More trim, around speakers:

First sub box, blew it twice. Has since been rebuilt, looking to move it more forward (maybe center console)?

Trunk Soundproofing: I was cheap, and bought a knock off home depot brand. I wouldn't recommend it if you can afford Second Skin/Dynamat/Anything else, but for less than $100, I did all 5 doors and my entire trunk with a roll to spare. It did the job though!

Under the drivers seat is my sub amp, its a PPI 600.2 phantom? I think. Its a great little amp, it runs a little hot, but it feeds the TC beautifully.

Center Dash, this is probably my most favorite part. Pioneer 2400BT, and carbon fiber wrap.

Dome Lights, the picture is rather old. Haven't had those subs for about a year and a half now.

Suede interior, did the work myself, but the headliner had to be redone by a professional due to inferior glue:

#3 · (Edited)
Exterior:

Side shot after slamming it, I've since lowered the front another inch:

Magnaflow exhaust (30" 2in2out muffler, running 2 2' tips angled out)

Exhaust Video:

Beep Beep! I'm a Jeep!

Went through hell, but it paid off. Imported a 2008 European bumper into the US!

Ordered the OEM grill to fit the euro bumper, originally I redid the mesh for the euro, but it just didn't look nearly as clean.

Brightening up the streets, even during the day (Pre-Euro Bumper):

Got some new wheels! XXR 530s in 19x8.75:

One of a kind custom headlights (made by Transformalights find him on FB!)

Fog Lights One of the 7 colors, also my avatar:

Vent Visors!

#4 · (Edited)
Under the hood:

Nothing to exciting here, its not like I dropped a GT-R engine in it or anything.
Big 3 wiring(I actually only did 2/3. I didn't do alternator, as its not easy to get to.)

Amp wiring, If I recall its 8 gauge. I have the 0 gauge to redo it, but its really not worth it. I don't get dims, and it was a pain to run in the first place!
Also, you can see one of my HID ballasts. The wiring jobs are not professional by any means. I just made sure nothing would mess with them, and tacked them on.

#6 ·
Creation's Build Thread (Mild)

Awesome! You're my kind of car guy! Focus on the interior and lighting first haha I've never really been into speakers and head units but I'm all for a quiet and good sounding ride! Eventually I'd like to sound proof everything but that'll be a whole since I don't wanna break my interior plastic crap haha

I look forward to more mods Creation!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
I love your Pat Bro! So sick!

#9 ·
Keep up the great creation's, looks great man!

#11 ·
Maybe I'm just searching for something to do...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I know what you can do next! You know the front wheel drive legend FailWheelDrive right? ;) Follow his footsteps young Creation lol I keed I can't see your pics cause I'm at work :( I'll have to check at the library tonight :)

#12 ·
I can see the pics now. Aint bad man. I love that carbon fiber stuff inside. Looks cool!

#15 ·
^ rofl

#20 ·
Please do, I dig blueprint master plans haha how would you build it? Lightweight wood and stuff?

#21 ·
I'd most likely use MDF for the box itself, fiberglass, and cardboard for the physical model.

Just trying to dig up some ideas, which of these do you guys like better? I love them both, but the glass in the second one would kill the price. I like how the first one uses accents, so I'd probably do something like the black/grey interior of the car, with silver accents.

#22 ·
I cant see the first one on my work computer because it's an imageshak one :( but man, thats a lot of work! You think you can do that without professional tools? Plus with our gear selector being being where you want to put the sub, that'd be kinda hard don't you think?

#24 ·
I think I could do it without professional tools. It would just take time. I'd be moving the sub back a little, probably starting the box right after the gear select.
@MB the accents matched the outside of his car supposedly. I'm looking more for the styling of them. This weekend I might run out to a friend of a friends shop and see what he thinks work wise the second one would take.

#25 · (Edited)
Re: Creation's Build Thread (Mild)

I'm trying to draw this out, but my reoccuring problem is the ebrake. I don't think I can move it much if at all. Every design I try to sketch gets obliterated by the ebrake.
And I see why we have this awkward tower as our console. There's no way to make a nice arm rest without just avoiding cupholders and a ebrake.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#26 ·
I'm going to use this spot for my build and sort of a vent for my patriot. Someone dug something up about the euro fronts. Wow, I really want the 08 euro front. Console or Euro front?@!?@? But if I get a euro front, I'd want to lower, and get rims, and then I need tires, and I DONT HAVE MONEY! :dead_horse: I need a job. Bad. Or a get rich quick scheme.

#27 ·
Haha go get a Job ;) I worked at a Schlotzsky's Deli for a year and a half in high school and then another 2 years after (two different locations). In my first 4 months there I becme a Team leader (Assistant Manager more or less) and by my 1 and a half year mark I was a Training Manager (though i didn't get paid very well...) and at my 2 and a quarter or so year mark, back at the original store, I became a Manager. Granted I didn't make a ton of money but it was a hell of a lot more than when I started. What I'm trying to say is if you get a job and continue to accel at it every day people will notice and you can move on up through the ranks hella fast and make more money than you did before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.