Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the car about a month ago. Ive had issues up and down. Took it to the dealership, they did the recalls and a few other thing. Then took it to a cheaper place to have my alternator replaced... its been driving ok but i feel like my transmission is jumpy between 15-30miles mph. Im supposed to bring it back after i drive it for alittle and the guy will talk to me about my issues and see what else needs to be done or explain to me. But this smell is killing me. Not sure i want to keep the car if i cant get it to stop. Dose someone kno what im talking about?? The guy i bought the car from had an air freshener in so i never noticed it b4 but im not someone who like all thise fake smells so im trying not to hide it behind other smells jusy want the crayon smell to go. And it happened with and without the ac/heat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I haven't noticed any smells that could be described as crayon-like in my '15 .

Have you shampooed the carpet and upholstery? Good to do that in summer (rather than winter) in any case so it has a chance to dry fast. You can use diluted laundry detergent, a medium-stiffness brush and a wet/dry vac to shampoo carpet/seats it's not necessary to have a specialty shampooer.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,397 Posts
There's a local car wash chain by me, Delta-Sonic that steam cleans the carpets and seats for $35. Maybe you have some place similar in your area. Could also try kureks suggestion, but I'd use Simple Green instead of laundry detergent. Or you could always use a bottle of Febreeze.

As far as the jumpiness, change the spark plugs! They're only good for 30k miles and can make it seem like a transmission issue.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,732 Posts
Is there a professional auto detailer in your area? I had mine detailed after some mice made a nest in the forward dome light one winter while it was parked for awhile. Night and day difference, can barely see what's left of the stain anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Wrangler and it smells like crayons. Did you ever find out what was causing the smell in your jeep? I had a VW bug that smelled the same way and after doing some research tonight, VW and Volvo used a wax to prevent rust in the cars, causing the crayon smell. I can’t find anything on Jeep’s though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts