Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Craven Speed Stubby antenna

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BlueLivesMatter 
#1 ·
What's up guys. I just did a Youtube review for the Craven Speed Stubby antenna and thought I would do a write up here. It is a solid built antenna with a rubberized type coating to help with the elements. The one for the Patriot is only about 4 inches tall. Super easy installation. Just unscrew the stock one and screw in the Stubby. It looks a lot better in my opinion. As far as performance I have only done some preliminary testing and have not found any loss in reception. I have read about others losing channels but I'm not sure on their location. I am in central Florida so no real country areas. If your in the market for a short antenna I would recommend the Craven Speed Stubby. Get it from their site or Amazon. I am not paid or sponsored by Craven Speed.

#2 ·
I also own this antenna, and thought I'd chime in here. I live in a semi-rural area with weak radio stations to begin with, and the stubby was a SIGNIFICANT signal loss for me over the stock antenna. The look (and the ability to go through a car wash) outweigh the signal loss in my case, so I am still keeping the product - but just wanted to let folks know they WILL LOSE some weaker signals with it. Cheers!

#3 ·
Mine should be here Monday. Ill report back.

#4 ·
Installed the Stubby several weeks ago and love the look. Here in the hills of West by God, I lose many of the WDC based stations until I cross the Blue Ridge. Like MTRCTYJT, the look and not hitting the branches with the stock antenna I plan to keep the stubby installed and see if there is any change during the winter. My kiddo installed one as well and will be switching back to the stock whip this weekend as the radio is an important feature with the great sound system with tailgate drop downs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.