Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my tow bar correct....im doing the at home repairs myself...my rear tires especially drivers side leans inward so bad I have eaten brand new tires to the belt in 8000 miles. I have changed one upper control arm, the lower control arm housing looks good still... should this help my tire leaning and handling. Thank u in advance first jeep ever and I grew up in Toledo..... I wanna fix her and not move on but this year model seems to have insurmountable amounts of issues for a family guy on a tight budget.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,857 Posts
If the tires are leaning in at the top, the toe link probably won't change that, but if the bushing is bad and toe isn't right it will eat the tires and cause handling issues.

Check the bolts and make sure they are not rusted and stuck in the link, if they are you'll have to cut them to get the link out.
New camber bolts at the dealer can be pricey, so if you can order them online you'll save $$$.

·
Administrator
6,857 Posts
Also, before you install the new links you might want to add more grease to the spherical joint, they don't always come well greased from the factory and over time they will start creaking.

Use a small screwdriver to carefully pull the boot back, then use a grease gun with an injector needle to get the grease in.

Put a bolt or a screwdriver through the joint and move the joint around to distribute the grease.

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Automotive wheel system Gas
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
115 Posts
Change them all if you can afford it/ rear toe linkage/ swap bar linkage / upper n lower control arms/ also trailing arm bushes ( only cause whole trail arm is as exspensive as the rear crossmember mined are in good condition ) i even did the rear shocks- springs combo and rear brakes ( a bit_h of a job) and back plates rusted out

Right to alignment shop 4 rear aligned, the alignment guy will thank for all new parts

And you WILL love the ride again... i guarantee it !

Riicr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the tires are leaning in at the top, the toe link probably won't change that, but if the bushing is bad and toe isn't right it will eat the tires and cause handling issues.

Check the bolts and make sure they are not rusted and stuck in the link, if they are you'll have to cut them to get the link out.
New camber bolts at the dealer can be pricey, so if you can order them online you'll save $$$.
Thank you,they were seized in the bushing so I had to Sawzall it. Where can I buy the adjustable rear bolts or are front and back interchangable?

·
Administrator
6,857 Posts
Front and back bolts are not interchangeable.

The bolts are a dealer part. You might be able to get them cheaper online if you look around:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Front and back bolts are not interchangeable.

The bolts are a dealer part. You might be able to get them cheaper online if you look around:
Bro thank you so much I can't find one anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts