Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have another technique if you're still struggling...
Use your screwdriver or pry bar to twist the bush so it alignes with the top hole... Now drop a short (cut down to about 1/2") 14mm bolt (or a bar or small socket etc..) through the top hole so it drops into the bush ans thus holding it in place.
Next take your bolt (lubricated) and tap it through from the underside... When its about half way through the bush hit it hard! So it goes all the way through and drives out your locating piece in the process... Nut on and voilà....
I'm still struggling. Another 2 mm I can drive it home but I'm missing my third set up hands. Between the tie rod, sway bay links, knuckle and what not there little room to swing it out and back in based on your illustration. Videos I've watched too. I don't understand how something so simple is creating this much frustration. I'll have to try your next suggestion. Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got my right control arm in. i ended up placing the front bushing in its home. Then finished the back by prying it with some grace and finished sliding the bolt up through.

Then while greasing my ball joint, the zerc snapped off! How.. Why me haha

I'll finish doing my left sway bar bushing. Then I'm making an appointment somewhere to do the left control arm and clean up whatever mess i made.

Until I get a garage with a lift, I'm done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got my right control arm in. i ended up placing the front bushing in its home. Then finished the back by prying it with some grace and finished sliding the bolt up through.

Then while greasing my ball joint, the zerc snapped off! How.. Why me haha

I'll finish doing my left sway bar bushing. Then I'm making an appointment somewhere to do the left control arm and clean up whatever mess i made.

Until I get a garage with a lift, I'm done.
Ahh well it wasn't for lack of trying!
Good effort 👍
I have ramps so I imagine it is much easier than on a jack.

Reactions: jaison
21 - 23 of 23 Posts