Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone located close to Columbus or Dayton Ohio that would be interested in meeting and running some trails?

Looking for any experience with trails in this area of the Midwest as well. Know of any trails?

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,642 Posts
Posted the location of a place I know in Springfield, and there's an off-road park near Yellow Springs, too. It's called Thrashing Trails, but there's no sign out front last I knew. Take Dayton-Yellow Springs road west out of Yellow Springs(toward I-675), and look for an old Beemer on the south side of the road. Not sure if it's still there, but if it is(was there for 3 1/2 years while I was there), that's where W. Enon Rd. is. Take W. Enon Rd. south, follow the slight jog to the right, and go south again. Look for an old green tank truck on the left, that's the Thrashing Trails driveway. It's somebody's home too, that's the folks you need to pay to play.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Posted the location of a place I know in Springfield, and there's an off-road park near Yellow Springs, too. It's called Thrashing Trails, but there's no sign out front last I knew. Take Dayton-Yellow Springs road west out of Yellow Springs(toward I-675), and look for an old Beemer on the south side of the road. Not sure if it's still there, but if it is(was there for 3 1/2 years while I was there), that's where W. Enon Rd. is. Take W. Enon Rd. south, follow the slight jog to the right, and go south again. Look for an old green tank truck on the left, that's the Thrashing Trails driveway. It's somebody's home too, that's the folks you need to pay to play.
Thank's for the info and directions. I will be sure to check it out. Did you run it with your Pat? How was the trail?

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,642 Posts
Went there once, there was snow on the ground so I didn't do too much, but it was pretty fun, would have done better in summer with better tires. Got to the place where there's trails under the power lines, and rode in the back of my friend's XJ from there a little ways. Then he drove it across a dip that unbeknownst to us was a frozen-over mud hole. Took three of us about two hours to get it out, lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
OH88, tried messaging you back, im assuming there is a minimum post requirement. Anyways I have a '14 FDII. No mods as of now, money is tight lol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH88, tried messaging you back, im assuming there is a minimum post requirement. Anyways I have a '14 FDII. No mods as of now, money is tight lol.
That's understandable haha. I have put about $2,000 into mine so far and have $500 more coming soon. Do you have tow hooks on front and/or rear? or a hitch?

Also, I know of a trial in Xenia which is pay to play as you probably read through this post. We should meet up and go sometime. I have two Wrangles that would probably want to go with us, maybe more.

Have you done any trail riding with it yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I have front and rear hooks. No hitch. Id totally be down. Xenia is definitely a hike, but I mean im sure I could do it if you give me some notice in advance. And it hasnt hit any trails yet, literally brought it home 2 days ago. But I mean being the FD2 it does has decent tires, nothing aggressive, but im sure it would do fine in moderate trails.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I have front and rear hooks. No hitch. Id totally be down. Xenia is definitely a hike, but I mean im sure I could do it if you give me some notice in advance. And it hasnt hit any trails yet, literally brought it home 2 days ago. But I mean being the FD2 it does has decent tires, nothing aggressive, but im sure it would do fine in moderate trails.
Tow hooks and the FD2 should be enough. Just need some extraction points just in case.

Do you know or could you find any places closer to Cleveland? Xenia would be about 3 hours for you I think which is far. I'm in Columbus so Cleveland is two hours or if we could find a place near the middle that would be great.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,642 Posts
Try using google. I did a search, found a couple places but I'm not familiar with most of 'em. Not sure why Thrashing Trails is usually mentioned as being in Xenia, it's closer to Yellow Springs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try using google. I did a search, found a couple places but I'm not familiar with most of 'em. Not sure why Thrashing Trails is usually mentioned as being in Xenia, it's closer to Yellow Springs.
From the searches I ran I came up with mostly ATV only parks and most of them closed for the season as of Dec 1.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts