Jeep Patriot Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I just shot my morning coffee out of my nose . . . :icon_rolleyes:
If I had a choice between nike and some other brand of the same priced pair of shoes that both look and feel about the same, I'd go with the other, not because I don't like their message but because I don't like them getting into politics.

I don't need my shoes getting political. I bet you their sales slump, maybe not the next time around but after the hype engine dies and people still remember them being political. Also about their stock, the 6m trend hasn't changed. Their stock really hasn't done anything different.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Before this thread get's locked, I'd just like to say my favorite two parts have been from Croat and Todd:Soccer & Sailboats.

This country could use more of both.:laugh:

I don't wear Nike because they're made by children in East-Asian sweatshops (I wear New Balance because they're made by adults, in American sweatshops), and I don't watch football because there is never a time when I don't have something better to do.

But, if I were trapped on a sailboat, I could picture myself watching soccer.>:)

Reactions: RossoRacer

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Haa nice :)

And Colorado, remember every single company and product is political, you just dont hear about most of them.

Reactions: REDONE

·
8,203 Posts
Before this thread get's locked, I'd just like to say my favorite two parts have been from Croat and Todd:Soccer & Sailboats.

This country could use more of both.:laugh:

I don't wear Nike because they're made by children in East-Asian sweatshops (I wear New Balance because they're made by adults, in American sweatshops), and I don't watch football because there is never a time when I don't have something better to do.

But, if I were trapped on a sailboat, I could picture myself watching soccer.>:)
Nike seems more about posturing than doing. I, too, choose New Balance. Strong supporter of college athletics at my alma mater, Boston University. Not that I'm much of an athlete myself . . .

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
I'd buy new balance however I think their styling is gross (mainly their logo).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'd buy new balance however I think their styling is gross (mainly their logo).
I see where you're coming from. The issue is you have to adopt the whole look, not just the shoe. It's standard for the "Suburbanite Dad" uniform, along with shirts that have buttons and a riding mower. :grin2:

Sorry for the memes, but I love grilling, mowing, and 'Murican made shoes.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Yea no kidding including the Wranglers from Kmart/Sears :D

I just bought shoes, brand was another American company Starter and they actually look good :)

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Me too - and will have one soon - problem is finding a lawn for it round these parts!

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So Nike gave in to bigotry again and is pulling the shoes which they dared to display the Betsy Ross flag. I think Kaepernick would have objected to any version of the US flag. I already got rid of my Nike stuff and haven't set foot in their store since this fiasco started. For a sporting apparel and accessory store it is surprising they are lacking balls.

·
8,203 Posts
Nike sure knows how to alienate potential customers. Guess I'll stick with New Balance (wearing them now). I also appreciate that New Balance supports Boston University my alma mater.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Sad they banned a new show with an old flag because of one guys off the wall opinion.
Hope Adidas stays a good clean brand.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts