Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Well he did "Just Do it" lol

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is appearing in Nike's "Just Do It" 30th anniversary campaign.
I think its poor taste for Nike IMHO - but for some marketer at Nike it may be a good PR stunt - remember when he started fluffing feathers he was the most sold jersey at the time. This won't change my willingness to buy Nike - however I will still chose Adidas as brand of choice anyways.

·
8,143 Posts
For me its New Balance. You see all the people kneeling when the national anthem is played? They will be buying Nikes. You see all the people standing? They will be buying something else. I won't be buying Nikes now or ever. Nothing they can do to sell me now.

Its one thing to disrespect our country -- its another to honor those who disrespect our country. Disrespecting the anthem is disrespecting the flag, and disrespecting the flag is disrespecting what it stands for. Any country is the product of its citizens, so really CK is disrespecting all the citizens of this country and Nike is honoring someone who disrespects all the citizens of this country.

BTW, I won't be watching the NFL this year either. Let me know how the 'Patriots' do. (I've been a Patriots fan since Mike Taliaferro was QB). Not this year. NFL: you can let your players act any way they want. This fan will act the way he wants, too.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
I hope this is the start of the demise of American football and the rise of real football here in the USA!

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Make sure to boycott all of your favorite sports teams that wear their gear including all youth sports teams.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Now the rage is about his #PIGSOCKS

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
I'd be happy to see SCORE International Off-Road Racing broadcast in the NFL's place. Instead of a bunch of grown men fighting over a ball, it's a race against the clock and a couple hundred other racers in various classes, with each turn different than the next. Pit lane is in many wildly different spots. The bumps, the jumps....I want more easy access than just my Dust to Glory DVD.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
I agree, anything is better than watching a group of under-educated overweight, out of shape men moving back and fourth on a field a few feet at a time that drags on for hours and hours only to witness them disrespecting the flag, slapping each others assess .... all while making millions of dollars from the pocket of the average American whom is struggling to make it in the world that are doing actual work.

I vote to replace it with 24/7 paint drying commentary or watching a yule log fire :D

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I agree, anything is better than watching a group of under-educated overweight, out of shape men moving back and fourth on a field a few feet at a time that drags on for hours and hours only to witness them disrespecting the flag, slapping each others assess .... all while making millions of dollars from the pocket of the average American whom is struggling to make it in the world that are doing actual work.
The money comes voluntarily from average americans. They are not being forced to pay into the nfl. I have only spent probably 200 dollars in my life on nfl stuff. But if I didn't have 200 dollars, I probably wouldn't have given them anything. They get most of their money from advertising anyways.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Obviously, hard working American's that have been brainwashed their whole lives that spending their precious time and hard earned dollars on a team(s) and players that are meaningless to them is a sound way to drain their bank accounts. Remember all of this nations middle class money woes, retirement fiascos, and the issue of no savings - but its wise to dump what you don't have on a day at the stadium and apparel.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Obviously, hard working American's that have been brainwashed their whole lives that spending their precious time and hard earned dollars on a team(s) and players that are meaningless to them is a sound way to drain their bank accounts. Remember all of this nations middle class money woes, retirement fiascos, and the issue of no savings - but its wise to dump what you don't have on a day at the stadium and apparel.

There is always TV. I just use an antenna.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Frugal guy lol

·
Super Moderator
5,090 Posts
My employer gave me tickets to a Packer game a few years back as a reward. While it was fun experience, you cant beat the view on TV. Best seats available, and free too (with OTA.)
Yeah, and shorter lines for food, beer, and clean bathrooms. Cheap parking too. :D

·
8,143 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
The money comes voluntarily from average americans….They get most of their money from advertising anyways.
So, then don't buy the advertised products....just think, each Budweiser should point to an over-paid athelete someplace....

·
8,143 Posts
So, then don't buy the advertised products....just think, each Budweiser should point to an over-paid athelete someplace....
It is a truism in sales that people buy from people they like. Sales reps are professional friends. Its their job to be the friendly face of the company they represent. Colin, I said FRIENDLY. To be effective a sales rep must be respectful of all comers, even competitors, and obviously their customers and their country. Disrespectful people with offensive attitudes won't sell much.

As for me, I won't be watching NFL (TV is such a time-waster) so I don't even know who their sponsors are, but if I find out, I'll probably avoid them. The smartest thing NFL sponsors can do is to not let me find out they're NFL sponsors. If I'm in a restaurant and a game is on I'll probably watch, but the sponsors will making a negative association.

As I understand it there are some other athletes representing that company as well. I'd be pleased if even one of them had the character to withdraw from their contract with them -- and I would go out of my way to purchase a product they endorsed!

I mentioned above that I'd been watching the Patriots since the mid-1960s. I can do without them this year. I've got better things to do: straighten my stereo wires, etc.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts