Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Patriot Sport 4wd. A while ago i got the P2004 code, and replaced the runner control actuator. Right after I replaced the part, the code P2004 came back on and code P2017 came with it. My Jeep is running perfectly fine, not stalling, not getting poor gas mileage. Every time I clear the codes, they come back on. Has anybody dealt with this issue? I really dont want to replace the entire intake manifold.

·
Administrator
6,192 Posts
Did you check to make sure the shaft for the butterfly valves in the intake runner rotated freely, about 1/8 of a turn?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the butterfly valves are easily able to turn. They dont seem to be stuck at all with no friction when using a screw driver to turn them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It is possible it was a faulty part, what was the brand? Also, did you disconnect battery and reconnect to reset?
I got two codes before replacing air intake valve: P2006 and P2017 after I replaced part engine light went away and no codes. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is possible it was a faulty part, what was the brand? Also, did you disconnect battery and reconnect to reset?
I got two codes before replacing air intake valve: P2006 and P2017 after I replaced part engine light went away and no codes. Good luck!
Thank you for responding. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but that does not seem to do anything. Do you think bringing it to the dealer to get the ECU flashed would fix the problem?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thank you for responding. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but that does not seem to do anything. Do you think bringing it to the dealer to get the ECU flashed would fix the problem?
I would consider redoing steps for air intake valve install, making sure everything is installed properly, maybe even get another valve. I removed the battery to get access while I did mine, so at the end I plugged battery back. Checkout this video:
Part at 3:32 in video is important. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would consider redoing steps for air intake valve install, making sure everything is installed properly, maybe even get another valve. I removed the battery to get access while I did mine, so at the end I plugged battery back. Checkout this video:
Part at 3:32 in video is important. Good luck!
Thank you. I just ordered the part from Amazon, its a chinese company I think with a lifetime warranty. I will take the valve off and reinstall it carefully tomorrow, hopefully that will solve the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts