Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyobne know if its possible to get the Electronic Vehicle Display setup on a dash that doesnt have it? Can we swap clusters or?
2016 Jeep Patriot High Altitude

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
when you find out--I'd like the answer too. Same issue--no EVIV!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Idk if this would help at all, it's obviously not a cluster swap but it does give you an advance options and better detail about what your engine is doing with digital gauges, has live mpg, vacuum, rpm, carbon output, ext. I have it on the tablet I have installed in my dash to replace my head unit. It can also be installed on a smartphone as well. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Search for several post about an app called Torque. If all your looking for is more information about what your vehicle is doing that's your most economical answer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i have that app already. i just would like to have the optional information. Tire pressure, gas range, etc

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use distance to empty on torque and feel that it's accurate. I do agree the tire psi would be nice, but I'm not sure if Jeep TPMS measures actual psi or just a threshold. There are Bluetooth valve stems you can buy that do measure actual psi. I personally like Torque for transmission temp, water temp, voltage, long term & instant fuel economy, and distance to empty info. At least that's what I display on my home page. I also like the trip logging of time, speed, fuel, and $. In my last truck I ran torque on an 8" tablet that also ran a stand alone gps, and had internet access for xm radio app. That was wired into the trucks amp and was the best set up i had.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I think that those of us "missing" the EVIC isn't looking for exact mpg, etc. I'd like to see these things:
1. compass; 2. all 4 wheel tire pressure, 3. miles to E; 4. ability to change various settings.

"Know what I mean, Vern?......"

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK now that I can post a URL let me try and help...

When I was looking through the wrangler forums, I found a guy that swapped out the clusters and he said it was all plug and play. That, and you also have to change the buttons on the steering wheel. I'm not sure if it will be as easy in the patriot as in the wrangler but who knows. Keep in mind that if you go through with the swap, up till 2013, the gauges are the old style with the blue screen display. In 2014 and on, they changed it to the new display and the screens light up white.

Here is the link for the wrangler EVIC swap; post #275

KevinMac's Semi-Budget Build...Project Deathstar - Page 28

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that those of us "missing" the EVIC isn't looking for exact mpg, etc. I'd like to see these things:
1. compass; 2. all 4 wheel tire pressure, 3. miles to E; 4. ability to change various settings.

"Know what I mean, Vern?......"
you nailed that one...thats what i want

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK now that I can post a URL let me try and help...

When I was looking through the wrangler forums, I found a guy that swapped out the clusters and he said it was all plug and play. That, and you also have to change the buttons on the steering wheel. I'm not sure if it will be as easy in the patriot as in the wrangler but who knows. Keep in mind that if you go through with the swap, up till 2013, the gauges are the old style with the blue screen display. In 2014 and on, they changed it to the new display and the screens light up white.

Here is the link for the wrangler EVIC swap; post #275

KevinMac's Semi-Budget Build...Project Deathstar - Page 28
yea its similar to doing it on the darts. the wheel controls are not that hard to do. im more wodnering if its a plug and play system or if its a complete wiring thing

·
Registered
10 Posts
yea its similar to doing it on the darts. the wheel controls are not that hard to do. im more wodnering if its a plug and play system or if its a complete wiring thing

Well according to the wrangler forum, it is plug and play. I'm assuming it would be the same on the patriot...only one way to find out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I subscribed to the Chilton manual for my 2014 Patriot. It has a section describing the instrument cluster and says that the VIN of the vehicle the cluster was originally installed in is contained in the computer chips in the cluster and that the cluster is programmed to handle all the options the original vehicle had. It also warns of all kinds of possible problems that can occur if a cluster from another vehicle is swapped in. Not sure if this is true of only 2014's or not. But have to wonder if there's more to it than plug-and-play...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not sure about the 'Riot, but I swapped out clusters on a f150 and the milage is stored on a chip soldered to the cluster and not in the computer. Of course that was a 2011 vehicle, so things do change.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts