Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a aftermarket stereo today, now there’s a clicking sound under my shifter when I push my break pedal in, but only while moving from park to another gear. (This is a automatic)
It does not happen when I’m driving and using the brakes. What could this be.

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
It's probably to do with the brake transmission shifter interlock in the console. Keeps the car from being put in gear until the brake is pressed. When the brake is pressed, the Brake Switch sends a signal to the Cabin Compartment Node (CCN) and the CCN, in turn, energizes the solenoid that moves the Park Lock Lever (inside the shifter console) to allow the driver to shift out of 'Park”. On the right side of the Console Pod is a plug that allows access to the Park Lock Lever for manual operation.

Something may have slipped out of place when the stereo install was done. You may need to take the console cover off so you can see, then press the brake to see what's making the click.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Whenever my Pat's in park and I press the brake pedal, I get the click too. It's definitely the interlock. My Jetta did that too, I just assumed that it was normal for all automatics. It is odd that you're just noticing it now though...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts