Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so about a year ago, when I braked lightly coming to a stop, I would hear clicking noises from the brake pads.. I took the front break pads out and put on the "Brake Quiet" gel they have not made any clicking noises.

Now that back is clicking :doh: when braking slow, or when turning or reversing.
I will probably apply "Brake Quiet" on the rear brake and test before looking any further.

Does anyone know what the torque specs are for the back brake caliper?:confused:

Also, anyone have a write up on the rear brakes that I can follow? They are a bit different as there is a Drum inside also.

Anyone else experience the issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
You won't have to mess with the drum for the parking brake though, that's underneath the rotor. It's pretty much the same as the front, except there's no caliper bracket for holding the pads. They clip into the caliper itself.

The manual says to just remove the bottom bolt and pivot the caliper up to change out the pads. When I did mine though there just wasn't enough room to do this. Not enough slack in the hose I suppose, so I took both bolts out and just flipped it upside down on top of the rotor. Bolt torque is 32 ft. lbs (43 Nm).

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
We haven't experienced the "clicking" you referred to with our '07.
Prolly the clips.
Nice having discs all-around, though a bit more $$$ when it's time to replace them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So glad I found this post!
just bought a 2017 patriot and it has been making that clicking noise from the first day. Unfortunately I am having to sue the dealership I bought it from because they never wanted to fix it. My neighborhood Jeep dealership says the caliper is rocking but they don’t know why. It is getting more frequent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts