Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
In 2013 Patriot, Compass, and Liberty will be replaced by vehicles “developed from Fiat platforms” which we are promised will still have the Jeep DNA — small SUV, C-size SUV, Liberty replacement. [Allpar analysts are not optimistic about these vehicles living up to past Jeep off-road standards.]

The GC stays and Wrangler stays, but bye bye everything else. Hello Jeep Panda. :doh:

It also looks like the are going to be using the Penstar V6 like mad in most models, starts 2011. So :D for those of you who like that. Plus, there is going to be special models for 2011 due to 70th year of Jeep.
2011 is Jeep’s 70th anniversary and special editions will be made for each model [Arctic appears to be one of them]. There will be new derivatives and special models based on the Wrangler.
Might me looking hard at the Wrangler in 2011. Well, that is the heart of the matter for Jeep. Change is a comin.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
I am all for saving the Panda in the wild!!! but if I see one with Jeep badges on it , I will drive a wooden steak straight through it's heart........

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I read the article correctly, it seems there might be turbocharged V-6 Pentastar engines in the near future. Will any of them make to the Jeep lineup????

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weatherman,

From the same article: "Start-stop (engine shutoff at idle) will be applied to the Jeep Wrangler diesel starting Q4 2010 (the diesel is sold in many parts of the world, but is not planned for the United States). . . ."

·
Registered
545 Posts
If I read the article correctly, it seems there might be turbocharged V-6 Pentastar engines in the near future. Will any of them make to the Jeep lineup????
I bet it will in some way. Maybe the GC or Wrangler, or one of the stupid Fiat platforms.

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
Hoosier, I saw that too:( I was just trying to hold on to the good part:)

If they do go diesel in the US, it will not be till or after 2014.
Sounds good! about the time Ill need a new one:)

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Quote:
In 2013 Patriot, Compass, and Liberty will be replaced by vehicles “developed from Fiat platforms” which we are promised will still have the Jeep DNA — small SUV, C-size SUV, Liberty replacement. [Allpar analysts are not optimistic about these vehicles living up to past Jeep off-road standards.]

My Pat still has a few good years in her, but there's absolutely no way I will buy a Fiat replacement when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
In 2013 I wonder what the market in used Pat's will be. I'll probably be in the market for a new one then, hate to think I'll be looking at Ford Escapes as an replacement ( somewhat American made ).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Watch, Fiat will come out with a Fiat XJ:-((
YEAH!!! I can't wait to push it over a hill. :pepper: Just another thing the Patriot will have to pull out of the mud. I bet it would look like a hummer. :doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts