Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Patriot with 40K miles on it. Over the last week the check engine light and the limp home light has been coming on in the morning. I shut it off and restart. The limp home light goes off and the check engine light stays on. It runs fine. I get to work and check the light at lunch and it not on any more. I tried taking it over to the local parts store/shop to have the trouble code but when i get there and restart to have it checked the light is out and not throwing a code.

The only thing i noticed that is different is that when its been cooler( under 60 degrees) this has been happening. The few days it was over 60 degrees in the morning it hasn't happened. When i check it after its been sitting for a while later in the day, when the the air temp has warmed up, the light doesn't come on.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. The good thing is that the limp home doesn't come on any more. Its still very erratic as far as when the light comes on. when it does, by the time I get to some where I can have it tested it has shut off.

I have noticed that is how i start the jeep has an effect(so far) on if the light comes on. The last few days I turn the jeep on and let it sit for a few seconds until all the lights in the dash (other than the check engine light ) turns off. Then start it. Im yet to have a issue when I do this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally able to run the error codes and it came up with P2173 Throttle actuator control system high airflow detected and U0401 invalid data received from ECM/PCM.

My jeep was running slugish until i get the scan done. After the scan, check engine light is out and now it runs like normal.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
5,532 Posts
Possibly the throttle body, though at 40k it seems early.

If there's any warranty left, you might see if JeepCares can give you some help with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the saga continues. The jeep is currently in the shop. The codes were run again and they came up with a bad throttle body and a valve cover leak. I'm hoping the extended warranty covers this.

stay tuned, kids.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
@Merlin1027

Hello there, we are sorry to hear about the concerns you have been facing with your Jeep Patriot. Our team would be happy to offer our additional support alongside your dealer. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we may further assist.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts