Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
6,467 Posts

·
Administrator
6,467 Posts
... and they said all was fine and no problems.
^^^ I think this has now officially attained mantra status. ^^^

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were the ones that overfilled it.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
188 Posts
^^^ I think this has now officially attained mantra status. ^^^

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were the ones that overfilled it.

Keep us posted.
Just reminded me of this (mantra):

Reactions: Sandstone

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the dealer (Lithia in Concord, CA)
change my transmission fluid on my 2010 with 120K miles. They dropped the pan, changed the filter and fluid for $360.

·
Administrator
6,467 Posts
I just had the dealer (Lithia in Concord, CA)
change my transmission fluid on my 2010 with 120K miles. They dropped the pan, changed the filter and fluid for $360.
Not bad.

Did they do the the pan strainer and paper cooler filter, or just the strainer?

·
Registered
264 Posts
So I called a local Jeep Dealer (Paul Bailey's in Rhode Island) and they said that the CVT is not a serviceable part.
I mulled it over and ended up not comfortable having the servicing done there; by the time I convinced them to even do it I had forgotten to ask if I could get the Amsoil for it, or even find out if they'd change the filters. So I canceled the appointment, I'll figure something else out. :/

·
Registered
179 Posts
I mulled it over and ended up not comfortable having the servicing done there; by the time I convinced them to even do it I had forgotten to ask if I could get the Amsoil for it, or even find out if they'd change the filters. So I canceled the appointment, I'll figure something else out. :/
I just changed mine and it was super easy even with no jack stands, Saved myself $350+ ....The only hard part is how to determine how many qts go in the trans....I'll figure that out when I had back to my parents house and finish the work on the Patriot this weekend.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's serviceable all right. Just did my second one the other day, and both trans filters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just changed mine and it was super easy even with no jack stands, Saved myself $350+ ....The only hard part is how to determine how many qts go in the trans....I'll figure that out when I had back to my parents house and finish the work on the Patriot this weekend.
Yeah, I just don't have time for it and since I'm going through welding training I can't afford for the vehicle to go down on the offchance I were to dick it up.

Just realized my previous post makes it seem like I was referring to the place in RI when I meant a local SE CT dealership. Oops.

·
Registered
179 Posts
FYI reading the many threads on the CVT fluid and change, the best I determined was 6.5 qts in mine, even when I did a cold and hot check on the dipstick that I bought online. I drove 2 and half hours in 100+ degree weather with 6.5 qts, I am guessing I am ok?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
FYI reading the many threads on the CVT fluid and change, the best I determined was 6.5 qts in mine, even when I did a cold and hot check on the dipstick that I bought online. I drove 2 and half hours in 100+ degree weather with 6.5 qts, I am guessing I am ok?
If you are in the specified range per the chart on the dipstick tool, then you should be good. The chart has a temperature component. 6.5 quarts sounds about right though, I am just going from memory from the last time I serviced mine. I remember buying 8 quarts and not using it all. I beleive the service manual tells you a little over 7 qts. (they list it in liters), but I remember mine not taking that much....

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you are in the specified range per the chart on the dipstick tool, then you should be good. The chart has a temperature component. 6.5 quarts sounds about right though, I am just going from memory from the last time I serviced mine. I remember buying 8 quarts and not using it all. I beleive the service manual tells you a little over 7 qts. (they list it in liters), but I remember mine not taking that much....
I also bought 8 qts and only have 1.5 qts left. Reading the Castrol website states full capacity at around 7qts. So I should be fine, its running smooth and no issues since the change out

·
Registered
4 Posts
That "dealer" is full of it.

My suggestion: find another shop.

I took the pan off of mine at 72k, changed fluid and filter and had nothing but improvement.
Hello!
Does ANYBODY know part number, or dimensions of o'ring gasket on (2010 Patriot)
Filters:
cooler FK-403
pan FK-409
Power Torque brand. COOLER FILTER DOES NOT COME WITH O-RING GASKET!!!!!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts