Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I have a 2010 and I took the vehicle to jiffy lube for its 1 st oil change after 5000 miles. I had it done, now the change oil flashes for a few seconds when I turn the vehicle on. Why is it doing that? I did not pay for full synthetic due to the fact its 70 dollars compared to 30. Thanks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
They either forgot or didn't look in the owner's manual for how to reset the indicator. I always reset it myself.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You need to reset the idiot oil change reminder.....it bases when to flash the message off of time driving, and driving habits, it's not an oil analyzer, fairly useless feature IMHO.
To reset it, turn the key forward 2 clics so all the lights are on the dash, but do not start it. Within 10 seconds, press the gas pedal to the mat 3 times. Turn key off and it should be reset, if not, repeat.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Listen to the other post for an answer to your question. Listen to me for some divine inspiration. By becoming a member of the site and posting the questions you have about your Patriot, I can tell you are more dedicated than the average Patriot owner. Now here is my spiritual message to you; If you love your Patriot like most of us do, then bless your Patriot and its internal parts and don't take it to Jiffy Lube. Find a local mechanic for he knows better than the heathens at Jiffy Lube. God Bless You, God Bless the almighty Jeep who sent his favorite son Patriot down to earth for our enjoyment. And God Bless America!

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Hee Hee The heathens at Jiffy Lube !!!! I love that !!

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Or just do it yourself, not hard on the Patriot. Although this time of year I can't due to the weather. Just used my second of four oil changes I got in that deal from Mopar. I got 4 oil changes for $40, was a special they ran a month ago or so.. Heck I can't buy the oil and filter for $10 each time. And it was nice to just pull in there when there was 6 inches of snow and temps were only 15 F.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts