Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my components came in today from woofersetc, a CDT 6.5" 2-way set and an eclipse 4 channel amp. I did a little work on it today, I got one of the adapter plates for the woofers made, temporarily mounted the tweeters to the sail panels and ran the power wire. I'm pretty excited to hear how these sound, the woofers look pretty beefy, and the amp guts also look promising. Its nothing special, but if anyone is curious, let me know and I can post a pic of the amp guts. If there is anything else anyone wants to know or see just let yourself be heard and you shall recieve.
Heres the pics of what I did today:

fiberglass cones look pretty badass :D

Just for a size comparo

I know my woodworking is shoddy, but it fits like a glove. Done with 1/2" MDF

Not sure where this little guy is going to be mounted, maybe I will cut the back off of that pocket in the trunk and mount behind that panel:confused:

:doh: Very ugly and very temporary

Crossover
I just realized how bad the pictures look, please excuse

·
The Custom Guy
688 Posts
Hey where did you tie in your crossover for the tweeters? I ordered a component system too and I am curious how the install went. I was just gonna trace the wire back into the dash and mount the crossover somwhere up in the dash. Thanks for the info in advance!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow finally, lol
Crossovers are on the sides of that panel that houses the shifter and whatnot. I used some really strong double sided tape I got from a graphics shop. Install was pretty straightforward. What set/amp did you get?

·
The Custom Guy
688 Posts
Where did you tap into the speaker line to hook up the cross overs? Did you grab the line comming out of the headunit?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt tap into anything.
Source unit>RCA>amplifier>xover>tweeter/woofer
The speaker wires come out of the amplifier to the input on the crossover. There are 2 outputs on the xover, one for the tweeter and one for the woofer. Its a pretty simple install. Definitely take your time wiring the amp though, the tweeters are very sensitive to interference from the power wire if it is near the RCAs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts