Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Appcar did the job and Hands Free Module works great now. Only problem is I don't have an original uconnect mopar microphone (From harness I have a 3 pin plug with 3 wires: red/orange green/grey and purple) I had to buy sony mic (2 wires only - jack plug) and hardwire it to the mopar plug. Unfortunately sound is very poor, I have to keep mic next to my face to speak to let enyone on the line hear me.
Could you tell me something about this 3 pin plug and wires please - any diagram and info maybe. I live in Scotland and can't get the originat mopar microphone here. Thanks

·
Administrator
6,467 Posts
The only wiring info for the microphone is in the hands-free diagram I previously posted for you.

The info from the service manual states the micrphones in the mirror are stereo, and from the wiring diagram I get the impression the microphones are amplified.

Microphone info from the service manual:

You might try contacting a few salvage yards and see if they have a vehicle with the proper microphone.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 75th Anniversary Edition
67 Posts
The mic's are probably the wrong impedance for the head unit which is why they sound so poorly. The mic for Uconnect is a dual element mic with the second element used for noise-cancelling. Unfortunately I cannot find the impedance of the Uconnect mic.

Have you tried ordering the mic on some place like moparpartsgiant.com ? They may ship overseas.

Reactions: Sebv78
1 - 3 of 3 Posts